babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Unexpected Economy - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Unexpected Economy (/Thread-Unexpected-Economy)

Pages: 1 2

Unexpected Economy - Mun - 23-03-2014 06:58pm

Hi All, I am new to this forum, having sold my old Disco 3 and just picked up my Evoque Dynamic Auto. Absolutely love it, just 3000 miles on the clock and still smells new! One worrying thing though is that I was expecting better economy than my Disco, but I took it on the motorway for about 5 miles after it had warmed up and at 70mph the instant mpg didn't climb above 30! Is that normal? Is the instant mpg misleading? I am hoping that it will be better than that on a run. I am not expecting it to achieve the quoted figures, but I was hoping for good cruising mpg. Any advice on this would be helpful, as I am considering getting LR to take a look at it.

Unexpected Economy - Stadt Panzer - 23-03-2014 07:19pm

Hi and welcome, what MY is your new car?

We moved from a D4 to the Evoque and found the fuel economy better then the D4

RE: Unexpected Economy - Mun - 23-03-2014 07:25pm

Thanks! It is a Nov 2013 - Auto

RE: Unexpected Economy - XFullFatTim - 23-03-2014 07:35pm

Is it a 6 speed or 9 speed auto - and welcome to the forum
Reckon on 35mpg or less in everyday use of a 6 speeder (nowhere near the 45 claimed by LR) and low 40's for a 9 speeder.. On a long motorway drive keeping to the motorway speed limits I used to get up to about 42mpg with a best ever 47, but most of the time it was averaging 35.

There is an interesting little piece of news in today's UK Sunday Times regarding Official MPG / ltr/100kms declared by car makers. The United Nations no less has called it a day on the current system and now the figures have to include 2minutes at 70mph and a minute at 81mph as well as city driving! They reckon that many cars with very low declared emissions like hybrids will rise several groups up the Tax band ratings as a result of the new testing method. Any change of taxation band will only apply to new built cars after the new system comes into force.

RE: Unexpected Economy - Mun - 23-03-2014 07:45pm

Thanks you! It is the 6 speed auto.

RE: Unexpected Economy - Evo-king - 23-03-2014 07:52pm

Just about able to keep it at 40 mpg on a motorway run.

6 speed manual box.

RE: Unexpected Economy - Mun - 23-03-2014 08:20pm

Thanks all! It was just that on a short motorway run at 70mph, the instant mpg stayed at around 30. Maybe that is misleading and I was actually getting better mileage. I might query it with LR, maybe it needs remapping or something.

RE: Unexpected Economy - Hotwheelsvespa - 23-03-2014 09:27pm

Does anyone know the most economical cruising speed on a diesel 9 speed auto?

RE: Unexpected Economy - edgedata - 23-03-2014 09:45pm

Best I've had in my 9 speed auto was on a 600 mile run with cruise on most of the time set at 58mph.

A whopping 52.5mpg (as shown on the onboard computer)

Quite impressive I think. After 3,000miles I have averaged 46.1mpg using calculated mpg rather than the onboard computer

RE: Unexpected Economy - Hotwheelsvespa - 23-03-2014 10:35pm

Thats brilliant thanks, 58mph it is then unless anyone else has better results.......