babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: How Will You Sell Your Present Car? (/Thread-How-Will-You-Sell-Your-Present-Car)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - scottie99 - 24-08-2011 10:57am

I wondered, as most posters will have ordered their Evoque with knowing a trade-in price, how do you plan to move on your existing cars?

I fear LR dealers , knowing our orders are 'in the bag' will not go overboard with their trade-in offers.

Will you try to sell privately, or bite the bullet and take what is on offer?

(if anyone is interested, I have a nice 3 year old Jag XF with all the toys!)

RE: How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - Token - 24-08-2011 11:11am

I'm going to offer mine to friends and family at trade in price...I can't be bothered to see privately but don't like dealers making cash out of me. This way is hassle free and gives friends/family a great deal.

RE: How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - Blackseries - 24-08-2011 11:13am

I thought I would start early (and try and beat the September trade in rush) and so put my Fiat 500 up for sale. As I was going away at the weekend I put it up for £1.5K over the Whatcar? guide price. When I came back on Monday I had 4 messages and Monday night is was gone. Gobsmacked. I fear the TTS won’t be so easy but at least I feel with what I got with the Fiat my rear Dynamic bumper is free ..... or I’ve got a £1.5k discount on the Evoque. Smile

RE: How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - ant - 24-08-2011 11:18am

Sold my DB9 privately in May in preparation for the Evoque arrival.
ANT

RE: How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - XFullFatTim - 24-08-2011 11:27am

I part exchanged my FFRR with the dealers

RE: How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - griff - 24-08-2011 11:27am

Trade in value is currently less than its GFV on the PCP so i am going to give the car back to BMW and let them take the loss.

RE: How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - SW6RR - 24-08-2011 11:39am

I'll probably just leave my 10 year old Megane by the side of the road somewhere... Laughing

Only joking!

RE: How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - ED209 - 24-08-2011 12:26pm

selling my scirocco back to vw this friday if all goes to plan. I had sold it privately on sunday but the same day its engine developed a terminal fault and is going to be replaced under warranty. I have made representations and as a good will gesture they are going to buy the car off me at slightly less than my private sale price. This is on the basis the an engine needing replacing after 13500 properly serviced miles is not really acceptable.

RE: How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - xxxx5 - 24-08-2011 01:28pm

I have a friend who is a trader, so he is selling my car for me.

RE: How Will You Sell Your Present Car? - evoqueboy - 24-08-2011 01:35pm

I'm keeping the FFRR as I fear the headache of selling and a crap value from the stealer if I trade it in.