babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
No surprise I like me Evoque, reminds me of the old Honda Civic CRX - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Photos & Video (/Forum-Photos-Video)
+--- Thread: No surprise I like me Evoque, reminds me of the old Honda Civic CRX (/Thread-No-surprise-I-like-me-Evoque-reminds-me-of-the-old-Honda-Civic-CRX)

No surprise I like me Evoque, reminds me of the old Honda Civic CRX - bkreitz - 23-02-2014 01:38am

In the back of my mind, I always knew I was drawn to the Evoque Coupe because it reminded me of my old CRX from back school.

Ironically, I just happened to walk out of the parking lot and see this photo opp. Had to snap a photo and share. If you're too a fan of the CRX and Evoque, hopefully you'll enjoy.

I was quite surprised at the size difference. For some reason, I always think of the Evoque as being small. I think that's because we replaced our LR4 with one.

But seeing them side-by-side help realign my distorted visual perception and reaffirmed suspicions about my attraction. The visual similarities between the two designs are obvious. Don't you think?

Even more ironic, the CRX I had decades ago was also white.

No going back though, that's for sure!
[Image: ZV_BQXkI53vGwP6oGXXlmK02lOv4dI_iK5Uo9CVq...-h207-p-no]

RE: No surprise I like me Evoque, reminds me of the old Honda Civic CRX - Bugblatter - 23-02-2014 05:40pm

We have recently changed from a Freelander (LR2) to the Evoque and that does make the Evoque seem like a small car.

You hardly ever see a CRX here these days. If I recall correctly, they were way more expensive to buy here than in the US.

I remember seeing lots of them weaving around slower traffic on the freeways on one of my trips to the US years ago. They were great little cars. Only wish I could have afforded to buy one back then!

RE: No surprise I like me Evoque, reminds me of the old Honda Civic CRX - XFullFatTim - 23-02-2014 06:21pm

There was an even smaller version than that one too the Mk1 CRX - that looks like the Mk2. Mk3 was an awful thing that had a removable roof section and now there is the CRZ................

RE: No surprise I like me Evoque, reminds me of the old Honda Civic CRX - Power14 - 24-02-2014 10:50am

(23-02-2014 06:21pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  There was an even smaller version than that one too the Mk1 CRX - that looks like the Mk2. Mk3 was an awful thing that had a removable roof section and now there is the CRZ................

I have owned both a MK2, and a MK3 the one with the removable roof. Both of them were great little pocket rockets.

In fact I kept the CRX VTI MK 3 one, for over 11 years, before I sold it for a Porsche.

MK 2 :Removed

Mk 3 : Removed

RE: No surprise I like me Evoque, reminds me of the old Honda Civic CRX - The Valeter - 25-02-2014 12:27am

What is an LR4?

RE: No surprise I like me Evoque, reminds me of the old Honda Civic CRX - doug - 25-02-2014 07:38am

(25-02-2014 12:27am)The Valeter Wrote:  What is an LR4?

Discovery 4

RE: No surprise I like me Evoque, reminds me of the old Honda Civic CRX - quadzilla - 24-08-2014 10:04am

oh wow! i also like my evoque cause it remind me of my first car 89 Honda Civic, lol , but way more jakked up , ya kinda reminds me of the CRX too

RE: No surprise I like me Evoque, reminds me of the old Honda Civic CRX - Doody - 25-08-2014 08:52am

my first car was a 1989 CRX. the first time i saw an Evoque i said "wow! a rear window almost as useless as a CRX!"

doody.