babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
LR Mud Flap fitting instructions - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: LR Mud Flap fitting instructions (/Thread-LR-Mud-Flap-fitting-instructions)

LR Mud Flap fitting instructions - XFullFatTim - 23-08-2011 10:26am

There are two styles of mudflap available for the Evoque according to the JLR TOPix website - Sport style and Standard. This link takes you to the title page where you can select which type you are going to fit http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/content/document//lookup/select?groupId=181&cat=OWNER

RE: LR Mud Flap fitting instructions - paulus599 - 19-11-2011 04:55pm

As far as the holes that are drilled for the fixings of the mudflaps, does anyone know if any of these go through a steel panel, or are they all through plastic? (bumpers etc.). I would'nt imagine that they would, it's a scary thought tho!

RE: LR Mud Flap fitting instructions - mark_n - 19-11-2011 07:06pm

I think they go through the end of the plastic sill, so that if you make a horlicks of it, it's not TOO expensive to fix. As always, it's a case of measure twice and cut once and I'd recommend a sideways cutting bit which fits in a cordless drill and allows you to cut out the precise hole required. Much better than hacking away with a Stanley knife. I expect the plastic is quite easy to cut.

When I do mine, I will also take off the wheels to provide better access.

RE: LR Mud Flap fitting instructions - ytshome - 19-11-2011 10:47pm

I remember a couple of weeks ago someone posting a video (youtube) on here showing how to do it. Didn't seem too difficult. Cheers YT

RE: LR Mud Flap fitting instructions - IKM - 19-11-2011 11:27pm

I've always requested dealer fitted mud flaps as part of the deal for previous cars. I guess I've overlooked it this time (wonder what else). But surely it can't be too much more to have them fitted. Any idea of the additional cost? Thanks

RE: LR Mud Flap fitting instructions - PhilSkill - 20-11-2011 01:06am

(19-11-2011 11:27pm)IKM Wrote:  Any idea of the additional cost? Thanks

Official quotes from dealers around £220 but its dealer fit so room for negotiation, job looked easy and just parts about £70 from duckworths on this site if I remember correctly