babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rattle/crackle - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Rattle/crackle (/Thread-Rattle-crackle)

Rattle/crackle - heronb - 18-01-2014 03:06pm

Just been for a 350 mile round trip and a dreaded rattle/crackle noise started in the dash (drivers side), so off to the service centre on thursday.

I hope its a rattle but it had a distinct electrical crackle tone, thought it started when I switched to cruise but can't be certain as it continued when it was switched off.

Anyone come across this before?

Also going to get the creaky front suspension checked out.

Here's hoping its not too serious.

RE: Rattle/crackle - Stevemac1 - 18-01-2014 09:17pm

creaky front suspension = new bushes. All 4 corners were done on mine..

RE: Rattle/crackle - speary - 21-01-2014 09:49am

Does it sound like its around the A pillar. If so I believe it's the trim creaking under the force of air flowing over it. I sometimes get it from my passenger side but only above about 50 mph

RE: Rattle/crackle - benzina - 21-01-2014 11:43am

Or it also sounds like it could be the A-Pillar interior trim at the base where it meets the dashboard top. I had this once, and as i recall, it sounded sort of electrical crackle like you explained, but it was friction in this specific area i have pointed out.
i sprayed some clear lubricant down along this adjoining gap where the two panels meet, and it fixed the problem permanently.

See post #46 in this link....
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Have-you-got-a-rattle-or-two?page=5

RE: Rattle/crackle - gazzaj - 21-01-2014 04:49pm

Its the outside A piller cover, you will find its probably loose and this is what causes the sparking noise, I had mine replaced last week, no noise since then.

I had to tell the dealer what the issue was after 3 visits to try and get it fixed.