babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Massive Judder - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Massive Judder (/Thread-Massive-Judder)

Pages: 1 2 3

Massive Judder - AAA86 - 04-01-2014 04:37pm

I have a 13 evoque coupe, and live in Canada, i have been enjoying my evoque and had no issues at all until 2 days ago.
We had this crazy weather where it reached -30, and its still hovering in that range Sad, It was a very cold evening. I was in the mall that night, went out and started the car! It started normally and i let it warm up before I moved. It drove off smoothly in the city until i reached the highway and merged. After i reached 80km and climbing, there was that weird noise that started coming out from the engine it lasted for like 5 mins. It was a loud, it wasn't judder in a sense but almost like a high pitched whine, but then disappeared. It was very alarmed, but then the car operated smoothly after that. I didnt drive the car since, because we had a blizzard and the car is in the garage. Any ideas will be helpful thanks

RE: Massive Judder - XFullFatTim - 04-01-2014 05:49pm

Evoque seems to be prone to dampness causing drive belts to slip and that can cause a high pitched screech until the belt / pulleys dry off

Massive Judder - Stadt Panzer - 04-01-2014 07:30pm

Had this (noise) on my Coupe, was quiet alarming at first but it only happened a couple times in the whole time I had the car, just hoping that the 14 model doesn't suffer with the same problem.

RE: Massive Judder - Daglass - 06-01-2014 08:42pm

Still not resolved.
I am enjoying the A6 though