babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Massive Judder - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Massive Judder (/Thread-Massive-Judder)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Massive Judder - Daglass - 05-12-2013 09:32am

Sorry should have clarified, the car isn't moving. It's occurring on start up.
Had it this morning too as I left for work.

RE: Massive Judder - Daglass - 09-12-2013 05:11pm

UPDATE - vehicle is back with the dealer.
Left it in on Friday where the judder hit again.

RE: Massive Judder - Cedavilla - 10-12-2013 02:28pm

(09-12-2013 05:11pm)Daglass Wrote:  UPDATE - vehicle is back with the dealer.
Left it in on Friday where the judder hit again.

I think what you have described is the same fault as thread Engine noise from Cold Start
As yet no word on the cause or solution.

RE: Massive Judder - speary - 12-12-2013 02:42pm

I had this once as I released the clutch as I pressed the start button. I think it got confused and the firing order got screwed up. It soon shut itself down.

RE: Massive Judder - XFullFatTim - 12-12-2013 03:52pm

I read on the BBC News website yesterday that there have been some 600 incidents of
blocked fuel filters in the east and north east of England due to increased amounts of bio-diesel being cut into normal diesel causing waxing in the fuel on cold days - I wonder if this might be connected to the problem?

RE: Massive Judder - Trapdoor - 12-12-2013 07:47pm

EN590 says the Cold Filter Plugging Point for diesel sold (at this time of year) must be -20' C ... so unless someone is being unscrupulous and adulterating the fuel, and IF the vehicle fuel filters are made to meet the EN590 spec, then there should never be an issue with waxing. Unless of course someone still has 'summer diesel' still in their tank AND it's a particularly cold day. I doubt that many fuel stations would now have any summer spec fuel left, but I suppose you never know.

However, the wiki on biodiesel states ...

"Biodiesel has been known to break down deposits of residue in the fuel lines where petrodiesel has been used. As a result, fuel filters may become clogged with particulates if a quick transition to pure biodiesel is made. Therefore, it is recommended to change the fuel filters on engines and heaters shortly after first switching to a biodiesel blend."

... so shouldn't affect a new car surely?

RE: Massive Judder - Daglass - 21-12-2013 10:43am

Got my car back yesterday, no real insight into what caused the problem - possibly dirty fuel but no real answer.

One thing I do notice after having an A6 courtesy car for a week is just how noisy the Evoque is.

RE: Massive Judder - doug - 21-12-2013 12:30pm

(21-12-2013 10:43am)Daglass Wrote:  One thing I do notice after having an A6 courtesy car for a week is just how noisy the Evoque is.

The A6 courtesy car wasn't from a LR main dealer was it ?

RE: Massive Judder - Daglass - 21-12-2013 11:56pm

Yes it was.

RE: Massive Judder - Daglass - 03-01-2014 09:30pm

Back in the A6, judder struck again this afternoon.