babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Premature seat wear - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Premature seat wear (/Thread-Premature-seat-wear)

Premature seat wear - Peterlewis321 - 27-09-2013 10:03pm

Had my 2nd annual service today, and complained about the driver seat (Dynamic trim) looking overly worn for 2 years 25k miles use-sort of looked like the leather had pulled away from the seat padding. No fuss, no bother, the LR dealer is ordering a new lower seat cushion and will replace it under warranty. Was not expecting that!!! Anyone else had a similar experience?

RE: Premature seat wear - XFullFatTim - 27-09-2013 10:18pm

There are a few posts about this elsewhere in the forum and as far as I know nobody has been sent packing by a dealer yet, it's been quibble free under the warranty.

RE: Premature seat wear - PhiliusM - 28-09-2013 11:04pm

You know of someone now. Me. I had to pay for my seat cushion to be replaced. The car was 3rd hand to me and the seat was uncomfortable

RE: Premature seat wear - cjfp - 28-09-2013 11:34pm

(28-09-2013 11:04pm)PhiliusM Wrote:  You know of someone now. Me. I had to pay for my seat cushion to be replaced. The car was 3rd hand to me and the seat was uncomfortable

Even though it was third hand, it should still be covered by warranty

RE: Premature seat wear - m_101 - 04-10-2013 01:17pm

Two, then. Apparently Pentland sent pictures of mine to LR and they came back and said it was normal wear and tear. I'm going to raise it again in 2 weeks when it goes in to get rattles sorted, and again at 2-year service if need be, as my old leather seats in my volvo looked better after 70k miles than these ones do now! (And before you say it, it isn't a weight issue, I'm 75kg!)