babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Santorini Black from Holland - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Santorini Black from Holland (/Thread-Santorini-Black-from-Holland)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Santorini Black from Holland - Rein - 13-10-2013 09:15am

Tomorrow car will be in for the final of the blackout plan. I'm having the silver bits of the bumpers and the exhaust finishers sprayed black.
I'll have pictures when I collect the car.

Can't wait Smile

Not ready today but I got this picture

[Image: 287CFF11-26B9-4AF1-A727-6293CC3CD28F-262...g~original]

RE: Santorini Black from Holland - scalle - 14-10-2013 04:37pm

this will be awesome !

RE: Santorini Black from Holland - Rein - 17-10-2013 07:42pm

Everything black now, pics in 1st post Smile

RE: Santorini Black from Holland - doug - 17-10-2013 09:32pm

Black beauty Thumbs Up

RE: Santorini Black from Holland - heronb - 18-10-2013 01:53pm

Superb

RE: Santorini Black from Holland - scalle - 19-10-2013 10:07am

OMG i love it...
as i live next to the french border in belgium, i see a lot of french cars with all black windows.
Don't know if it is legal (forbidden in belgium!) but i only see it on french cars.
But that would perhaps be a little too much!

Damn, i love your car!

RE: Santorini Black from Holland - dynamicgirl - 24-10-2013 01:38pm

The black bumpers look tremendous, Rein! It looks SO mean and moody, lol. Love it! Cool Very Happy

I am arranging for my local body shop to do the same to the bumpers on my Fuji White with black contrast roof. It will look almost identical to the Black Design Pack when done. The only difference will be that I don't have black wheels. Not sure if I want them black or to leave my Style 7's on, which I do really love.

Well done! Very Happy Paula xx

RE: Fog Lights Blacked out - jcervr - 28-03-2014 08:29pm

Great mod. What kind of glue did you use to put back together the fog lights housing? Do you a have DIY on the whole process of removing the fogs and everything else? Thanks.

RE: Santorini Black from Holland - XFullFatTim - 28-03-2014 08:58pm

It's probably because of this car and some similar conversions that LR started offering the Black Pack in the UK. I'm not a fan of lots of mods to the original product but as of tomorrow I will also have a Blacked out Evoque, but it was done at the factory!

RE: Santorini Black from Holland - Rein - 14-05-2014 04:04pm

(28-03-2014 08:29pm)jcervr Wrote:  Great mod. What kind of glue did you use to put back together the fog lights housing? Do you a have DIY on the whole process of removing the fogs and everything else? Thanks.

I used a black adhesive silicone to seal to lights off. You can easily remove the front fogs when the front bumper is off, but that is a whole lot of work. If you don't have big hands you can remove them from the side of the bumper and wheel arch trim.

I heated the edges of the fogs with a hair dryer and carefully opened them up. Took them apart, sprayed and then put back together again. Look for Joey mod on google