babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Hi Everyone! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Hi Everyone! (/Thread-Hi-Everyone)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Hi Everyone! - Griff449 - 03-09-2012 10:41pm

Are DRLs standard on all models then? Realised today when I got the car it had them and was suprised............

RE: Hi Everyone! - cjfp - 03-09-2012 11:01pm

DRLs are compulsory (uk). Std pure lights have a single DRL in each light - (upgraded) xenons have the signature led strip DRLs.

RE: New Apple Interface - CRC@LandRover - 04-09-2012 09:23am

(03-09-2012 05:17pm)NightFox Wrote:  Hi Nick,

It's looking likely that Apple are going to be moving to a new dock connector with their future iPhones/iPods etc and that the new connector will only have a digital audio out, not the analogue and digital outputs that the current connector has.

Lots of cheaper or older iPod speaker docks etc won't work with a digital audio signal as they don't have a digital-to-analogue convertor (DAC). I know that LR won't have any information about Apple's new connector at this time, but can you confirm whether the Evoque's iPod connection is a digital or analogue one?

Hi Nightfox,

Thank you for your message.

I need to obtain further information regarding the iPod connection and I'll get in touch with you accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Nick

RE: New Apple Interface - NightFox - 04-09-2012 10:29am

(04-09-2012 09:23am)Nick@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Nightfox,

Thank you for your message.

I need to obtain further information regarding the iPod connection and I'll get in touch with you accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Thanks, much appreciated.

Neil

RE: Hi Everyone! - wavey.dave - 12-09-2012 08:15pm

I guess we'll actually find out by buying an iPhone 5 before we get a reply?

RE: Hi Everyone! - XFullFatTim - 13-09-2012 10:04am

Nick,

On behalf of all those who came to Gaydon last Saturday could I thank you and Liam for coming along to meet us. I hope that you enjoyed the day and your trip was worthwhile.

Tim

RE: Hi Everyone! - CRC@LandRover - 13-09-2012 10:14am

Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for having us – it was great to finally put some names to faces and spend some time with everyone.

I hope everyone had a great day. We're looking forward to the next meet up!

Thanks,
Nick and Liam

RE: Hi Everyone! - NightFox - 13-09-2012 10:48am

(12-09-2012 08:15pm)wavey.dave Wrote:  I guess we'll actually find out by buying an iPhone 5 before we get a reply?

Nick actually PM'd me rather than responding here, but for everyone else's benefit (especially as the new connector has now been confirmed):

Quote:I have liaised with our product team who have advised that when the USB is used this is a digital connection and when the 3mm aux lead is used it is an analogue connection.

RE: Hi Everyone! - Rootsboy - 23-11-2012 12:05am

Hi Nick

i have a question regarding the meridian 825w stereo, why cant it play .wav and .aiff files via USB, i work in the music industry and i am passed on music to listen to in its original high quality format. and after paying almost 2000 euros for a upgrade for the top of the range system, i would expect it to be able to decode this format, not just being limited to low level mp3 or equivalent.
i know i can get it to work via iPod/iPhone etc, but i think it should just work for all the formats.
it is considered to be one of the top systems you can get in car these days, and i am very happy with it apart from this very odd omission.

Regards

RE: Hi Everyone! - CRC@LandRover - 23-11-2012 05:24pm

Hi Rootsboy,

Thank you for sending me your questions regarding the 825w stereo.

As I’m based in the UK I’m unable to comment on your concerns however I’m happy to arrange for someone to contact you to discuss this further.

Please send me a private message with your full name and contact details and I will pass these on to someone in Spain.

Kind Regards,
Nick