babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Audio controls while in Reverse Gear - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Audio controls while in Reverse Gear (/Thread-Audio-controls-while-in-Reverse-Gear)

Audio controls while in Reverse Gear - Crustydaemon - 06-06-2013 09:41pm

Has any one observed this??, when I put my car in reverse gear I cannot turn-off the audio. The screen displays the view from rear camera and I cannot operate the audio controls

RE: Audio controls while in Reverse Gear - XFullFatTim - 07-06-2013 03:00am

Below the audio on the heater controls panel on the left side there is an unmarked push/push and rotate button - this is the main audio on/off if you press it and if you rotate it it adjusts the volume. Sorry I'm nowhere near my car so cannot post a photo

RE: Audio controls while in Reverse Gear - Crustydaemon - 07-06-2013 03:17am

Yes, if I press that button it does not turn off. That button works fine other times, only when in reverse gear - I can only Increase/decrease the volume but I cannot turn-off the audio

Audio controls while in Reverse Gear - Stadt Panzer - 07-06-2013 05:34am

And?

RE: Audio controls while in Reverse Gear - cjfp - 07-06-2013 07:09am

When in reverse iirc that button controls the volume level of the reverse beeps, not the audio. I can't promise but I think there is a system level setting to set the audio volume when sat nav / reverse are doing something. I'll have a look later.

RE: Audio controls while in Reverse Gear - PhilSkill - 07-06-2013 09:19am

I think you're on the button there cjfp, iirc the audio controls control the parking sensor beep volume and the audio volume is much lower than normal (not sure if adjustable but probably) when these are active.

RE: Audio controls while in Reverse Gear - m_101 - 07-06-2013 12:36pm

It is adjustable - under setup menu > system > volume presets.

RE: Audio controls while in Reverse Gear - Cedric - 08-06-2013 05:04pm

Exact. You can adjust it. The volume knob controls whatever sound source has the main focus. Beeps from the sensors when in reverse, sat nav volume when the sat nav is giving instructions, phone when having a conversation, etc. Can be a bit annoying, I agree.

RE: Audio controls while in Reverse Gear - Crustydaemon - 11-06-2013 03:29pm

Thank You!! I'll check these options