babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Are Coupes getting more popular? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Are Coupes getting more popular? (/Thread-Are-Coupes-getting-more-popular)

Are Coupes getting more popular? - XFullFatTim - 01-05-2013 01:34pm

Yesterday in the Stirling area I saw 8 Evoques, only one was a 5 Door the rest were Coupes. At the time I was in my Defender. Interesting that most of the drivers were not exactly in the age profile that LR was aiming the Evoque at too - blue rinse ladies who lunch! Colours........ Well only 1 White, A Dynamic, a couple of Frenze Reds, a couple of Mauritius Blue, 3 Colima's, all Pures and one OG Prestige. 4 of the cars were parked in the Dobbies garden centre car park in a line, so I parked my Defender next to them.

Are Coupes getting more popular? - EpicEvo - 07-05-2013 09:14pm

I have a coupe so I normally get excited to see another. In my 4 months ownership I would say I have only seen about 10. And about 200 4 doors... I'm a truck driver so I'm in the road alot

Coupes are rare!

RE: Are Coupes getting more popular? - speary - 08-05-2013 08:16am

They have always been popular with us owners who have great taste and a sense of style Very Happy
5 door owners, only joking LaughingLaughing

RE: Are Coupes getting more popular? - jitenc - 09-05-2013 12:25am

Thought the coupes were only for people with a wide waist-hip ratio and needed a wider door to get through the door..Smile.. Course the coupes are getting popular.... Read the article below....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2249406/The-FAT-map-Britain-Brummies-largest-waistlines-Brighton-boys-thinnest.html

RE: Are Coupes getting more popular? - cjfp - 09-05-2013 04:47am

(09-05-2013 12:25am)jitenc Wrote:  Thought the coupes were only for people with a wide waist-hip ratio and needed a wider door to get thought the door..Smile.. Course the coupes are getting popular.... Read the article below....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2249406/The-FAT-map-Britain-Brummies-largest-waistlines-Brighton-boys-thinnest.html

Boy, with that response i oughta come get you and teach you a leson. Now, if only i can get my @rse off this sofa !! Laughing

RE: Are Coupes getting more popular? - jitenc - 09-05-2013 07:04am

(09-05-2013 04:47am)cjfp Wrote:  Boy, with that response i oughta come get you and teach you a leson. Now, if only i can get my @rse off this sofa !! Laughing

Ah.. If only the Evoque can accommodate a winch and a towline, I could come to ya and help you up... Smile.
Ps... If any consolation not to offend anyone, I have noticed, that my belt now sags around the beer belly area Sad

RE: Are Coupes getting more popular? - XFullFatTim - 09-05-2013 09:23am

You need one of those Nissan Jukes for that, according to the ads I've recently seen on TV they have to be winched everywhere on a Fluro blue winch line!

RE: Are Coupes getting more popular? - BA74 - 09-05-2013 11:02am

I love my 5 door but have already decided that when my lease ends I'm going the coupe Dynamic.
Have no regrets with the 5 door but style will win over practicality next time!