babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Mould? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Mould? (/Thread-Mould)

Pages: 1 2

Mould? - Evo-king - 07-04-2013 12:59pm

So the car had a clean today, along with tyre and oil level checks.

With the bonnet raised I noticed a white mould like growth on the sound proofing material fixed to the underside of the bonnet.

Anyone else got this and how best to get rid of it?

Mould? - Stadt Panzer - 07-04-2013 02:41pm

I thought it came from use in the winter, ie salt etc from the roads.

RE: Mould? - IKM - 07-04-2013 03:13pm

Just noticed similar mould yesterday. Like SP above my first thought is that it's from the salt etc from the road. I haven't attempted cleaning it yet as the snow's back on ....

RE: Mould? - XFullFatTim - 07-04-2013 03:22pm

Any chance of some photos? Mould/ mildrew is usually black not white

Just been out to look under my bonnet and this is what I find

[Image: file_zps69506c6c.jpg]

The white stuff is dry powdery stuff so I assume it is dry road salt dust, whatever it is it has wiped off with a damp cloth gently wiped over the sound proofing material

RE: Mould? - tetstb - 07-04-2013 04:18pm

No doubt LR will say its a feature or part of its character. Sorry to be a cynic but after 24K miles I've had a wheel bearing fail and its an argument about warranty at the moment.

RE: Mould? - recordman - 07-04-2013 04:29pm

(07-04-2013 04:18pm)tetstb Wrote:  No doubt LR will say its a feature or part of its character. Sorry to be a cynic but after 24K miles I've had a wheel bearing fail and its an argument about warranty at the moment.

Just been reading the t&cs of the warranty (2013 MY) and there's nothing specifically excluding wheel bearings, unless it only requires adjustment.

Maybe your dealer's warranty manager has recently moved to LR from another brand as they are excluded on some makes including Citroen. Disgusting IMO!

RE: Mould? - doug - 07-04-2013 06:05pm

One way to prove it's salt, wet finger test. Give it a lick Smile

You need to start washing your engine bays guys........

RE: Mould? - Evo-king - 07-04-2013 06:50pm

(07-04-2013 03:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Any chance of some photos? Mould/ mildrew is usually black not white

Just been out to look under my bonnet and this is what I find

[Image: file_zps69506c6c.jpg]

The white stuff is dry powdery stuff so I assume it is dry road salt dust, whatever it is it has wiped off with a damp cloth gently wiped over the sound proofing material

That is a better description, white dry powdery stuff.

Yes mine looks like that it is at the front and the back of the sound proofing.

Was a but hesitant about touching it and had no intention of tasting it. Laughing

Will try to brush it out first.

RE: Mould? - lesdon499 - 07-04-2013 08:57pm

Yep, I discovered this on my car some time ago. Brushed it off when dry then geve it a good scrub with APC 4:1 jopb done!

Les

RE: Mould? - scrannel - 08-04-2013 02:13pm

Looks like "calcium". Vinegar will get rid of it.