babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) (/Thread-Fitting-the-rechargeable-torch-VPLVS0174-lots-of-pics)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - Trapdoor - 23-03-2013 10:41am

I looked at originally specifying this with my order as a dealer-fit option, but their 'fitting price' was almost as much as the cost of the torch!! I looked up the fitting on TOPIx and decided that I didn't want the dealer cutting holes in my trim.

Does anyone know how much that pop-off panel actually costs to buy as I'm tempted to fit one but would want to be able to undo it should I sell on the car early (or as in the last, give the car back).

RE: Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - WB - 23-03-2013 06:54pm

(23-03-2013 10:41am)Trapdoor Wrote:  I looked at originally specifying this with my order as a dealer-fit option, but their 'fitting price' was almost as much as the cost of the torch!! I looked up the fitting on TOPIx and decided that I didn't want the dealer cutting holes in my trim.

Does anyone know how much that pop-off panel actually costs to buy as I'm tempted to fit one but would want to be able to undo it should I sell on the car early (or as in the last, give the car back).

Part number: LR025520

£105+VAT!!! RRP but will be a bit cheaper from Dan at Duckworths!

RE: Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - preme123 - 31-03-2013 01:57am

Looks real nice!

Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - sciack - 14-04-2013 08:00am

I want the plastic panel already fitted? Where can I buy it! No way I will waste time cutting and doing all that work...

RE: Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - Bowl - 14-04-2013 09:00am

(14-04-2013 08:00am)sciack Wrote:  I want the plastic panel already fitted? Where can I buy it! No way I will waste time cutting and doing all that work...

No way you will get it 'already fitted'

It's a dealer fit accessory so you'd better speak to them.

RE: Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - mark_n - 14-04-2013 05:58pm

You can buy cutting bits which look like drill bits but cut sideways. That would make cutting out the panel a breeze or else use a Dremel.

Surprised the trim panel is so expensive.

I noticed from the new RRS options list that here are a number of dealer fit options, apparently an increasing trend. I'd be very wary of letting them do it, cack-handed are the words which come to mind.

RE: Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - Bowl - 14-04-2013 07:49pm

(14-04-2013 05:58pm)mark_n Wrote:  I'd be very wary of letting them do it, cack-handed are the words which come to mind.

And that's why I did it myself. Cool

RE: Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - XFullFatTim - 14-04-2013 10:06pm

(22-03-2013 11:35am)WB Wrote:  This reminds me that the Evoque is the first car I've owned that didn't have a torch, warning triangle and first aid kit as standard from the factory... do the FFRRs and RRS's miss these essentials too?

Yes they don't have them as well - as I think you find it is in any UK built car for the UK market, they aren't required by law here so they don't get fitted - same with daylight running tail lights. I don't recall any of the Audi's or Fords that I have owned having them either

RE: Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - SebM - 15-04-2013 08:57am

Excellent !

RE: Fitting the rechargeable torch - VPLVS0174 (lots of pics) - Fern - 10-09-2013 09:03am

Will start my Xmas list now