babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York (/Thread-All-New-Range-Rover-Sport-to-be-Revealed-in-New-York)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - IKM - 27-03-2013 03:39pm

I'm looking forward to seeing it at the NY Motorshow this weekend. It's not the main reason behind our trip, but "icing on the cake". I'll post pictures ASAP.

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - Craig_d1 - 27-03-2013 03:50pm

(27-03-2013 03:20pm)WB Wrote:  The grey looks so much better than the orange/red first photos that came out but that rear bumper is just terrible.
Just looking at the online configurator and it seems the basic S model is far more sparsely equiped than a Pure Evoque. It has, as standard, cloth seats, no heated windscreen, no front fogs, no auto lights, no xenons, no power mirrors, no paddle shift, no mood lighting, NO MATS!! and a starting price of £55k!!!!!!!

I remember a friend taking delivery of an RRS HSE on the 1st day of delivery when it was 1st launched. He paid £43/£44k for it. I'm guessing the same spec will be more like £65-£70k for the new one. Pricing a lot of previous owners out of the mkt I think.

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - ChuckieB - 28-03-2013 12:27am

Key pricing now on the configurator. A bit out of my league once common sense prevails!

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - jitenc - 28-03-2013 12:34am

I am not too sure about the headlights...much prefer the evoque's... It's looks like the rude boy is maturing, just out of prison!!!

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - SebM - 29-03-2013 01:23pm

I love it !!! Also an idea to replace my Evoque...

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - oop north - 29-03-2013 11:40pm

(27-03-2013 03:50pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  I remember a friend taking delivery of an RRS HSE on the 1st day of delivery when it was 1st launched. He paid £43/£44k for it. I'm guessing the same spec will be more like £65-£70k for the new one. Pricing a lot of previous owners out of the mkt I think.

In 2007, discoveries were available from about 25k (now 38k), rrs from 35k (now 51k), freelander hse was from 31k (now high 30s) - Land Rovers have gone up in price massively, partly because lower price models have been cut from bottom end (disco had 5 seat with non-air suspension as entry model) and some spec increases (SE rrs had cloth seats iirc)

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - XFullFatTim - 30-03-2013 10:00am

RRS SE never had cloth seats, the S that was launched about 18 months after production started had the basic spec with cloth seat facings but very few were delivered with cloth. The SE had leather seat facings and dash trim with matching faux leather seat backs and bases, the faux leather was an extremely good immitation and many people didin't realise that only the seat facings were real leather! When the S was launched SE gained integrated bluetooth and satnav, which had previously been options. I took delivery of a Giverny Green with Aspen leather and parchment interior 5 days after launch in 2005 and it cost me £40000.
My sister has a 2007 RRS S, purchased used in 2009 with 20,000 miles on it and it came with a huge spec - leather interior, metallic paint (drug baron black!), 20" Style 6 wheels, privacy glass, satnav and hands free (the 1st owner would have been better buying an SE and adding the 20" wheels as an option, would probably cost him less and would have been worth more than speccing up an S!)

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - Evo-king - 30-03-2013 04:23pm

I've seen another image of a RRS in Firenze with Grey contrast roof, very nice combination.

This car is growing on me. It still is too big for our normal needs, but there will be many who will be tempted into it no doubt.

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - IKM - 31-03-2013 01:33am

I was very disappointed today on my first viewing of the new RRS at the NY autoshow. It just didn't look like it had the quality of the current model. LR staff at the stand knew nothing about the new shade of grey or the ZF auto box. All in all, quite disappointing. Although having said that, the overall quality of other companies' new models were also inferior in comparison to their current models. Guess I'm just old fashioned and expect cars to last!

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York - benzina - 31-03-2013 02:03am

The leaked photos did not do this car any justice, but now that I've seen it presented properly, i think it looks pretty good,and has suddenly aged the previous model with a shorter rear overhang,and single piece rear door glass.
It truly is a design merge of both FFRR & Evoque. I think it looks better then the FFRR, but not quite the killer knockout looks of the gorgeous wedge shaped Evoque design and proportion.

[attachment=3409]
[attachment=3406]
[attachment=3407]
[attachment=3408]