babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Signature LED Brightness - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Signature LED Brightness (/Thread-Signature-LED-Brightness)

Signature LED Brightness - EpicEvo - 28-01-2013 11:35pm

Hey guys, got my Evoque today and noticed that with the lights off the LED's are bright and really do look the part! But if you select side lights they stay of but are half as bright!!! What's the deal with this?! Is there a way to keep that brightness with the side lights on so I have rear lights on as well...

I remember seeing a post about having the lights set to a different country's set up like Switzerland or something but I don't know if that's really the answer...

RE: Signature LED Brightness - THEMACS - 28-01-2013 11:55pm

(28-01-2013 11:35pm)EpicEvo Wrote:  Hey guys, got my Evoque today and noticed that with the lights off the LED's are bright and really do look the part! But if you select side lights they stay of but are half as bright!!! What's the deal with this?! Is there a way to keep that brightness with the side lights on so I have rear lights on as well...

I remember seeing a post about having the lights set to a different country's set up like Switzerland or something but I don't know if that's really the answer...

Errr.... No! Sorry

RE: Signature LED Brightness - speary - 29-01-2013 09:26am

As there are called Daylight Running Lights they need to be bright in daylight. when you put your main lights on the system will assume that it is dark or darker and therefore the DRL's would dazzle other drivers. Main lights are designed not to dazzle.
Also when you indicate the corresponding DRL dims to make the indicator more visible

RE: Signature LED Brightness - same2you - 29-01-2013 08:43pm

(29-01-2013 09:26am)speary Wrote:  Also when you indicate the corresponding DRL dims to make the indicator more visible

My corresponding DRL actually goes off entirely when using the indicator... Maybe a MY2013 thing, or possibly a market restriction.

RE: Signature LED Brightness - RacingSnake - 29-01-2013 08:44pm

(29-01-2013 08:43pm)same2you Wrote:  My corresponding DRL actually goes off entirely when using the indicator... Maybe a MY2013 thing, or possibly a market restriction.

Does it actually go right off? As the dim is very significant, get someone to sit in the car whilst you watch Smile

RE: Signature LED Brightness - speary - 29-01-2013 09:06pm

USA and Canada the DRL goes off. UK they dim. Same for Audi as well

RE: Signature LED Brightness - RacingSnake - 29-01-2013 09:23pm

Well there you go, what an odd difference in spec!