Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Signature LED Brightness
EpicEvo

Signature LED Brightness

Hey guys, got my Evoque today and noticed that with the lights off the LED's are bright and really do look the part! But if you select side lights they stay of but are half as bright!!! What's the deal with this?! Is there a way to keep that brightness with the side lights on so I have rear lights on as well...

I remember seeing a post about having the lights set to a different country's set up like Switzerland or something but I don't know if that's really the answer...
28-01-2013 11:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

RE: Signature LED Brightness

(28-01-2013 11:35pm)EpicEvo Wrote:  Hey guys, got my Evoque today and noticed that with the lights off the LED's are bright and really do look the part! But if you select side lights they stay of but are half as bright!!! What's the deal with this?! Is there a way to keep that brightness with the side lights on so I have rear lights on as well...

I remember seeing a post about having the lights set to a different country's set up like Switzerland or something but I don't know if that's really the answer...

Errr.... No! Sorry

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
28-01-2013 11:55pm
speary

As there are called Daylight Running Lights they need to be bright in daylight. when you put your main lights on the system will assume that it is dark or darker and therefore the DRL's would dazzle other drivers. Main lights are designed not to dazzle.
Also when you indicate the corresponding DRL dims to make the indicator more visible

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
29-01-2013 09:26am
same2you

(29-01-2013 09:26am)speary Wrote:  Also when you indicate the corresponding DRL dims to make the indicator more visible

My corresponding DRL actually goes off entirely when using the indicator... Maybe a MY2013 thing, or possibly a market restriction.
29-01-2013 08:43pm
RacingSnake

(29-01-2013 08:43pm)same2you Wrote:  My corresponding DRL actually goes off entirely when using the indicator... Maybe a MY2013 thing, or possibly a market restriction.

Does it actually go right off? As the dim is very significant, get someone to sit in the car whilst you watch Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-01-2013 08:44pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

USA and Canada the DRL goes off. UK they dim. Same for Audi as well

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
29-01-2013 09:06pm
RacingSnake

Well there you go, what an odd difference in spec!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-01-2013 09:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply