babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Quick clear windscreen? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Quick clear windscreen? (/Thread-Quick-clear-windscreen)

Pages: 1 2

Quick clear windscreen? - NorfolkNgood - 28-01-2013 09:00pm

Ok,who thinks the windscreen heating element is too slow, our old focus is much quicker than the Evoque ,anyone else who thinks the same?
Gav.

RE: Quick clear windscreen? - THEMACS - 28-01-2013 09:08pm

(28-01-2013 09:00pm)NorfolkNgood Wrote:  Ok,who thinks the windscreen heating element is too slow, our old focus is much quicker than the Evoque ,anyone else who thinks the same?
Gav.

Yeah, bit crap, I was even about to get it booked in as i thought it didnt work!

Another thing I have noticed with that whole centre console control unit where the heater is, is that you can't switch more than one thing on at a time!!! SO if you try and put both heated seats on at the same time only one will come on, if you try and put heated rear screen and heated front screen on at same time, only one comes on!! That is really poor, no matter what two things you try and put on together, only one will come on.

Must be the poor little man on the inside not being able to run quick enough!! More than liikely that they have used yet more Cheap Crap on the inside!!

RE: Quick clear windscreen? - cjfp - 28-01-2013 09:11pm

(28-01-2013 09:08pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Yeah, bit crap, I was even about to get it booked in as i thought it didnt work!

Another thing I have noticed with that whole centre console control unit where the heater is, is that you can't switch more than one thing on at a time!!! SO if you try and put both heated seats on at the same time only one will come on, if you try and put heated rear screen and heated front screen on at same time, only one comes on!! That is really poor, no matter what two things you try and put on together, only one will come on.

Must be the poor little man on the inside not being able to run quick enough!! More than liikely that they have used yet more Cheap Crap on the inside!!

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but I can put more than one thing on at a time - heated seats, front and rear demist in any combination or all !

RE: Quick clear windscreen? - Barton Evoque - 28-01-2013 09:28pm

I must say my heated screen is very good -12 one day and my screen was clear in about 20/30 seconds.i also can have any combinations of gadgets on without problems.

RE: Quick clear windscreen? - NorfolkNgood - 28-01-2013 09:32pm

Interesting ,even after 2-3 mins it really struggles and is very patchy !

RE: Quick clear windscreen? - THEMACS - 28-01-2013 10:06pm

(28-01-2013 09:11pm)cjfp Wrote:  Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but I can put more than one thing on at a time - heated seats, front and rear demist in any combination or all !

Try Pressing the buttons at EXACTLY the same time, I think you will find only one thing comes on!

RE: Quick clear windscreen? - IKM - 28-01-2013 10:16pm

(28-01-2013 10:06pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Try Pressing the buttons at EXACTLY the same time, I think you will find only one thing comes on!
Never tried all at exactly the same time, but you can have all of them on at the same time.

In addition, IMO the heated windscreen works just as well as that on Ford cars (and I've had many Fords as rental cars).

RE: Quick clear windscreen? - cjfp - 28-01-2013 10:22pm

(28-01-2013 10:06pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Try Pressing the buttons at EXACTLY the same time, I think you will find only one thing comes on!

I haven't tried that, but even if it doesn't that wouldn't bother me.

RE: Quick clear windscreen? - Evo-king - 29-01-2013 12:02am

Quite happy with the speed of defrost etc, never had this on another car some cannot compare.

Everything comes on if you hit the max button on the left of all the switches.

RE: Quick clear windscreen? - PhilSkill - 29-01-2013 12:58am

I always hit max, it all comes on and this morning a thick frost cleared in 1 min to the point it was sliding down the screen and ready to wipe.

I do find sometimes I hit the front and rear screen buttons in very quick succession and the rear doesnt turn off, but now i just press max again and they both turn off.