Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quick clear windscreen?
NorfolkNgood

Quick clear windscreen?

Ok,who thinks the windscreen heating element is too slow, our old focus is much quicker than the Evoque ,anyone else who thinks the same?
Gav.
28-01-2013 09:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

RE: Quick clear windscreen?

(28-01-2013 09:00pm)NorfolkNgood Wrote:  Ok,who thinks the windscreen heating element is too slow, our old focus is much quicker than the Evoque ,anyone else who thinks the same?
Gav.

Yeah, bit crap, I was even about to get it booked in as i thought it didnt work!

Another thing I have noticed with that whole centre console control unit where the heater is, is that you can't switch more than one thing on at a time!!! SO if you try and put both heated seats on at the same time only one will come on, if you try and put heated rear screen and heated front screen on at same time, only one comes on!! That is really poor, no matter what two things you try and put on together, only one will come on.

Must be the poor little man on the inside not being able to run quick enough!! More than liikely that they have used yet more Cheap Crap on the inside!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 09:09pm by THEMACS.)
28-01-2013 09:08pm
cjfp

(28-01-2013 09:08pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Yeah, bit crap, I was even about to get it booked in as i thought it didnt work!

Another thing I have noticed with that whole centre console control unit where the heater is, is that you can't switch more than one thing on at a time!!! SO if you try and put both heated seats on at the same time only one will come on, if you try and put heated rear screen and heated front screen on at same time, only one comes on!! That is really poor, no matter what two things you try and put on together, only one will come on.

Must be the poor little man on the inside not being able to run quick enough!! More than liikely that they have used yet more Cheap Crap on the inside!!

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but I can put more than one thing on at a time - heated seats, front and rear demist in any combination or all !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-01-2013 09:11pm
Barton Evoque

I must say my heated screen is very good -12 one day and my screen was clear in about 20/30 seconds.i also can have any combinations of gadgets on without problems.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
28-01-2013 09:28pm
NorfolkNgood

Interesting ,even after 2-3 mins it really struggles and is very patchy !
28-01-2013 09:32pm
THEMACS

(28-01-2013 09:11pm)cjfp Wrote:  Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but I can put more than one thing on at a time - heated seats, front and rear demist in any combination or all !

Try Pressing the buttons at EXACTLY the same time, I think you will find only one thing comes on!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
28-01-2013 10:06pm
IKM

(28-01-2013 10:06pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Try Pressing the buttons at EXACTLY the same time, I think you will find only one thing comes on!
Never tried all at exactly the same time, but you can have all of them on at the same time.

In addition, IMO the heated windscreen works just as well as that on Ford cars (and I've had many Fords as rental cars).

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
28-01-2013 10:16pm
cjfp

(28-01-2013 10:06pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Try Pressing the buttons at EXACTLY the same time, I think you will find only one thing comes on!

I haven't tried that, but even if it doesn't that wouldn't bother me.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-01-2013 10:22pm
Evo-king

Quite happy with the speed of defrost etc, never had this on another car some cannot compare.

Everything comes on if you hit the max button on the left of all the switches.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-01-2013 12:02am
PhilSkill

I always hit max, it all comes on and this morning a thick frost cleared in 1 min to the point it was sliding down the screen and ready to wipe.

I do find sometimes I hit the front and rear screen buttons in very quick succession and the rear doesnt turn off, but now i just press max again and they both turn off.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-01-2013 12:58am