babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) (/Thread-Dynamic-Plus-Leather-Wear-Advice-Needed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - sco77harris - 26-01-2013 12:54am

Need to post pics but after 6000 miles it is already sagging and shiny on the drive seat bottom....is this normal?

RE: Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - jitenc - 26-01-2013 03:56am

Big bottom issue???.... Smile .... My seat should be worse as I am not sure if the heat from the heating elements actually make the leather give... I am on constant electric seat heating every time I sit in the car..

Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - Jai - 26-01-2013 08:19am

Have you been taking care of the leather? Or is it still bare leather as delivered?

RE: Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - XFullFatTim - 26-01-2013 03:37pm

I have now done 14000 miles in my Dynamic Plus and there's not a sign of sag or wear - the seats are covered under the warranty so for the extra you paid for them get the car into the dealer and tell them you want a new seat.

RE: Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - scrannel - 27-01-2013 04:26pm

If you do have an ass-size issue, there are places that can remove (replace) seat cover and re-sculpt the underlying foam. However have also read that some evoque seats were put in cars with a lower support bracket missing. Maybe have your dealer check?

RE: Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - doug - 27-01-2013 08:32pm

(27-01-2013 04:26pm)scrannel Wrote:  If you do have an ass-size issue, there are places that can remove (replace) seat cover and re-sculpt

If you have an ass-size issue, there are places that can remove & re-sculpt your ass Wink

RE: Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - sco77harris - 28-01-2013 11:43pm

I only weight 65kg and the others in my family not much more, so doubt its that.

I will post pics when I can.

Thanks for the advice.

RE: Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - moonigan - 29-01-2013 11:57pm

Not dynamic plus. Just normal dynamic here but I'm having both front seat covers and sponges replaced under warranty because the leather has lifted from the seat faces. Car has is 15 months old and done 10,000 miles.

As others have said take the car into the dealer.

RE: Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - jdiamond - 30-01-2013 12:33am

(28-01-2013 11:43pm)sco77harris Wrote:  I only weight 65kg and the others in my family not much more, so doubt its that.

I will post pics when I can.

Thanks for the advice.

Please don't post any ass pics! Shocked
Wee bought our dynamic three weeks ago and when the car was delivered we asked for all the back seats to be replaced as the seats were badly upholstered. The stitching and seams were poor on the driver seat and we complained about that also. They are being replaced under warranty.

RE: Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed) - scrannel - 31-01-2013 01:07am

(27-01-2013 08:32pm)doug Wrote:  If you have an ass-size issue, there are places that can remove & re-sculpt your ass Wink

But is it covered under warranty?