babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Improving Halogen Headlights . - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Improving Halogen Headlights . (/Thread-Improving-Halogen-Headlights)

Improving Halogen Headlights . - Jonathon555 - 17-01-2013 02:13pm

I was one of the unfortunate ones who could not order Bixenon headlights last year. So I was lumbered with Halogen ones.

I have already done a bulb swap to whiter ones (one of which has failed recentley ), so i ended up putting the standard candle power HB3 bulbs back in.

At this point I realised there was a problem as I could not see the road at all as the lights were so bad, on closer investigation I found that my headlights were totally miss aligned , the car actually looked cross eyed.

The passenger side projector beam was pointing fully left hard up against its aluminium ring surround & the drivers side was pointing skyward. So basically I had no light on the road , they were terrible.

So I set about adjusting them the best I could do, until the car gets to the main dealer.

Its a simple process, that has made a big improvement.

You have two green adjusters on each light , the top adjuster controls right & left movement, the bottom adjuster controls up & down. I just used a hex socket & rachet for adjustment to get the pointing at the road .

Lower Drivers side adjuster
[Image: 1BB2200D-9F8D-4DC3-B810-DACB85200925-181...BB7943.jpg]

With ratchet in place
[Image: BE2CFDBC-AE10-4AE0-AB1E-A5CBC26E86E6-181...ACAC33.jpg]

Projector beam alignment
[Image: 050663A9-757A-45F1-84BE-6602B8EFEBE8-181...96E59A.jpg]

Be carful not to adjust them as it blinds on coming traffic, even though that would be very hard using the terrible standard bulbs.

I have now fitted Ring Xenon ultima bulbs to replace the standard ones as well, they are an improvement.

Next week I will be fitting a HId convertion.

RE: Improving Halogen Headlights . - scalle - 17-01-2013 08:04pm

your car needs to be washed, rinced and dried!!!
shame shame shame
http://babyrr.com/forum/images/smilies-set/icon_lol.gif