Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Improving Halogen Headlights .
Jonathon555

Improving Halogen Headlights .

I was one of the unfortunate ones who could not order Bixenon headlights last year. So I was lumbered with Halogen ones.

I have already done a bulb swap to whiter ones (one of which has failed recentley ), so i ended up putting the standard candle power HB3 bulbs back in.

At this point I realised there was a problem as I could not see the road at all as the lights were so bad, on closer investigation I found that my headlights were totally miss aligned , the car actually looked cross eyed.

The passenger side projector beam was pointing fully left hard up against its aluminium ring surround & the drivers side was pointing skyward. So basically I had no light on the road , they were terrible.

So I set about adjusting them the best I could do, until the car gets to the main dealer.

Its a simple process, that has made a big improvement.

You have two green adjusters on each light , the top adjuster controls right & left movement, the bottom adjuster controls up & down. I just used a hex socket & rachet for adjustment to get the pointing at the road .

Lower Drivers side adjuster
[Image: 1BB2200D-9F8D-4DC3-B810-DACB85200925-181...BB7943.jpg]

With ratchet in place
[Image: BE2CFDBC-AE10-4AE0-AB1E-A5CBC26E86E6-181...ACAC33.jpg]

Projector beam alignment
[Image: 050663A9-757A-45F1-84BE-6602B8EFEBE8-181...96E59A.jpg]

Be carful not to adjust them as it blinds on coming traffic, even though that would be very hard using the terrible standard bulbs.

I have now fitted Ring Xenon ultima bulbs to replace the standard ones as well, they are an improvement.

Next week I will be fitting a HId convertion.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
17-01-2013 02:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scalle

RE: Improving Halogen Headlights .

your car needs to be washed, rinced and dried!!!
shame shame shame
http://babyrr.com/forum/images/smilies-set/icon_lol.gif

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
17-01-2013 08:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply