babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? (/Thread-Santorini-Black-Vs-Barolo-Black-on-a-2013-Dynamic)

Pages: 1 2 3

Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - preme123 - 22-12-2012 04:44pm

Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic?

What are the differences between the two blacks? Im looking for a deep deep dark black color. I don't like it turning purple-ish or grey-ish when it hits the sunlight. I want a glossy deep black.

Which would suit me most? Are there some real life photos of it for comparison thank you!

by the way is there another shade of black also called sumatra black? How is it different?

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - XFullFatTim - 22-12-2012 04:59pm

Sumatra isn't available on Evoque, it is a solid black

Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - Kimv - 22-12-2012 06:13pm

Santorini black is really black. It has a flake in it, visible in the sun but it's not red/blue/<insert any other random color>.... More like a charcoal effect. It is the same black as all the black accent parts you see in other colored dynamics.

Here's a close up picture of mine:

[Image: 35a164c7.jpg]

And on the link below you see Barolo black. (I think someone on this forum took those pictures and posted them already):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasbecker/6263820161/

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - slee18 - 22-12-2012 06:18pm

pictures don't show the full truth of the color. You have to see it in person and the websites are worse.

Some colors look better in real live that photos can't capture

Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - Kimv - 22-12-2012 06:25pm

(22-12-2012 06:18pm)slee18 Wrote:  pictures don't show the full truth of the color. You have to see it in person and the websites are worse.

Some colors look better in real live that photos can't capture

True but not everyone has the time to drive to all the dealers to find a color. I remember that of all the dealers I visited, none had a Barolo/Havana

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - Evo-king - 22-12-2012 10:04pm

We went to the dealers several times, swapped the colour several times, but in the end it was a simple choice between Santorini & Barolo.

Both very good, with one carrying a £500 premium.

IMHO and through my eyes, Santorini has a red, blue, green & purple fleck going on, whereas the Barolo has a more Bronze fleck showing up.

The flecking is only really evident in good light, other wise it does look black, if you saw one or the other on the move you would say they were black.

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - James @ Grange Barnet LR - 22-12-2012 11:28pm

Preme,

The simple answer is Santorini.

Barolo has red in it, therefore in sunlight it is a dark reddy-purple.

As mentioned, Santorini is a proper metallic black that just looks shiny in sunlight as opposed to a different shade. The metallic fleck is quite easy to see close up.

James Smile

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - slee18 - 22-12-2012 11:46pm

I've never seen a Barolo here locally but I have seen the Sumatra and santorini. I like the santorini more.

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - J77 - 23-12-2012 12:50am

I would go for Havana rather than any of the blacks.

RE: Santorini Black Vs. Barolo Black on a 2013 Dynamic? - Daigriff - 23-12-2012 01:06am

Sumatra was only available when there was an issue with the xrillic paint following the sunami. I had ordered santorini but changed to Barolo as I didn't want a temporary colour.
Must admit I really like Barolo though and has a lovely deep red hue in sunlight.

Havana would be my choice now though.