babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Interesting read.... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Interesting read.... (/Thread-Interesting-read)

Interesting read.... - Tulabb - 08-12-2012 11:41am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244949/Jaguar-Land-Rover-staff-bacon-sandwich-Christmas-bonus.html

RE: Interesting read.... - cjfp - 08-12-2012 11:59am

Hmm, glad I already have my car !

RE: Interesting read.... - J77 - 08-12-2012 12:21pm

Judging by the poor quality control of late, they are lucky they are even getting a bacon sandwich.

I think they should be thankful that they have a job this Christmas, there are thousands of homeless who would be grateful of a bacon sandwich.

I got a £60 bonus from the company I work for, for my fuel efficient driving through the year using the green road system which is fitted to all the companies buses. Yes the company I work for are a large multi national company who make large profits, but why should I be payed a bonus for doing my job?

RE: Interesting read.... - XFullFatTim - 08-12-2012 12:31pm

The managers who thought that up as a bonus need their heads looking at! What happens if you are a non-pork eater?

I work for a huge multinational that made massive losses in Q3 and Q2.................... without any thought about how the UK work force might feel about Amazon and minimising their corporation taxes, I was given a £50 Amazon voucher. I'm not complaining I am thankful in the current trading climate to have got anything out of them and I certainly don't expect Xmas presents from my employer. Very nice of them when they will have turned in a multi-billion loss for the end of the year! £50 to every one of the 13,000 employees in our part of the company is a lot of money to give away.

Interesting read.... - EpicEvo - 08-12-2012 12:42pm

I been with my company for 6 years and don't expect anything anymore. It's better to that way. No disappointment.

RE: Interesting read.... - Tony - 08-12-2012 01:36pm

I worked 35 years for a Blue Chip company, we never had a Christmas bonus nor expected one, just payment for what we were employed to do 365 days a year.

Bonuses are not justified for those responsible for the £43k worth of poorly assembled cheap plastic and dodgy electrics sitting in my garage.

Tony

RE: Interesting read.... - tetstb - 08-12-2012 02:01pm

(08-12-2012 01:36pm)Tony Wrote:  I worked 35 years for a Blue Chip company, we never had a Christmas bonus nor expected one, just payment for what we were employed to do 365 days a year.

Bonuses are not justified for those responsible for the £43k worth of poorly assembled cheap plastic and dodgy electrics sitting in my garage.

Tony
Well said that man !