babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels (/Thread-My-Plastidip-Style-6-Wheels)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - fam1x - 19-11-2012 12:24pm

Cool thanks, You said you used a whole spray can per wheel. How much was in each can as in the UK the can's vary in size from 750ml to 5Litre.

My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - Jai - 19-11-2012 12:26pm

I used the aerosol cans of 310grammes. Premixed ready to go. Probably cheaper to buy the bulk product but not within my means of application where I live Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - Easty - 19-11-2012 06:02pm

This is a great idea. Not sure its good for the cold, but for summer wheels or if it does not get cold its great.

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2

RE: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - WB - 19-11-2012 06:33pm

I like the idea of the gunmetal grey with the metallizer on top.

Some interesting combinations and effects here -> http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/463573-PlastiDip-Color-Catalogue-%28Shown-on-Wheels%29

RE: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - ADZ - 20-11-2012 07:21am

(19-11-2012 09:20am)Jai Wrote:  So I took the plunge and purchased some matte black plastidip and glossifier to rid me of the pedestrian silver Smile I learnt a lot from the first wheel in regards to spray distance and other things so the rest look pretty bangin. I simply sprayed a whole can of it onto each wheel, approximately 7-8 coats, waiting 10 mins between coats, and then 4-5 coats of glossifier to make the wheels shine, a look that is sorta in between satin and gloss.

If you're not familiar with plastidip it is a rubberised spray that can be peeled off any surface when you choose to do so. Because of this property there is no need to mask up the tyre! Just peel off the overspray!

[Image: arudune4.jpg]
[Image: ynahuqem.jpg]
[Image: y3ehazas.jpg]
[Image: yhagy7yt.jpg]
[Image: guju2uru.jpg]
[Image: e8u6apu5.jpg]

This looks really awesome! Going to persuade my husband to buy and do this for me as a Christmas gift. Great job Jai!

RE: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - Evo-king - 20-11-2012 08:53pm

My son, used this product to coat the chrome fitting around the front grille on his previous Mini, I don't remember him say he had a problem with it in all the time he had the car which was 3 years.

RE: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - barks - 21-11-2012 01:50am

Hi Jai, where abouts in Oz are you? Did you paint the inside of the rims as well?

My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - Jai - 21-11-2012 02:56am

In WA. Nah I didn't do the inside of the rims, the brake dust after my first month of ownership seemed to be enough to cover the insides Smile

RE: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - stiggz - 21-11-2012 05:37am

What is the gold on the first shot?

RE: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels - chiggy - 21-11-2012 10:03am

(21-11-2012 02:56am)Jai Wrote:  In WA. Nah I didn't do the inside of the rims, the brake dust after my first month of ownership seemed to be enough to cover the insides Smile

Would you do mine for me if I paid you?