babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" (/Thread-Why-the-Evoque-s-Side-Windows-are-marked-FUYAO)

Pages: 1 2

Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - Bruno787 - 14-11-2012 12:20pm

[Image: IMG_1307.jpg]
now you know!

RE: Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - invoke - 14-11-2012 05:36pm

One can easily tell, Evoque is not truly "proud to be a UK" product...

Soon when LR manufacturing start in China, it may have similar disclosure to what back of apple products have..

[Image: e2196de729719625a3bb5c7c2d41f923.jpg]

Sad and disappointing ! We are squarely lacking durability and reliability at the cost of big profit margin and consumer's loyalty.

"FU(k)YAO" that's how you say in Chinese. LOlz

Wink

RE: Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - XFullFatTim - 14-11-2012 07:02pm

Like my Marin Mountain bike. When I brought it the crate had printed on it Made in Taiwan - some components Made in China, Assembled with pride in the USA! My Evoque's glass is made by some French sounding company but has no country of origin stamped on it

RE: Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - PhilSkill - 14-11-2012 08:04pm

Am I surprised most of the parts are made in China... errr... No, I'd be surprised if they weren't.

It's ridiculous that it is cheaper to ship all this stuff around the world... but it keeps Tim in a job Very Happy

RE: Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - slee18 - 14-11-2012 09:25pm

They dont have environmentalists hounding them to save the planet. Plus that and cheap labor. i think the shoot all environmentalists as they enter the country

Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - Teetree - 14-11-2012 09:57pm

So to summarise, the Evoque is a vehicle made from recycled coke cans and fairy liquid bottles AND in the future will be made in China!...Not looking good is it?!Smile

RE: Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - THEMACS - 14-11-2012 10:30pm

(14-11-2012 09:57pm)Teetree Wrote:  So to summarise, the Evoque is a vehicle made from recycled coke cans and fairy liquid bottles AND in the future will be made in China!...Not looking good is it?!Smile

No, and when that happens, I for one WILL Jump ship and get on my BRITISH Soap Box... AGAIN!!!!!

Re: Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - Easty - 14-11-2012 10:39pm

Sadly it is just business. Ive worked with china a bit in the aicraft industry. You cannot really say quality is any different. as long as specs are followed and qc is carried out. If we were talking about coach builders it may be a different thing. The culture actually lends itself to a tedious job getting done well.

RE: Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - PhilSkill - 15-11-2012 02:43pm

Their culture is changing though...

RE: Why the Evoque's Side Windows are marked "FUYAO" - Bruno787 - 15-11-2012 03:23pm

bought this new glass for US$200, LR must have had this made for $10 Smile