babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How much???? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: How much???? (/Thread-How-much)

Pages: 1 2

How much???? - XFullFatTim - 01-08-2011 02:31pm

At the weekend I heard from another member here that he had been contacted by somebody who is looking for Evoques for WAGS........... apparently those who are grossly overpaid for kicking a football around are prepared to pay up to 20% over list so their WAG can have an Evoque parked outside the house close to launch day......... so if you have a build slot and end up not wanting your Evoque there is already a "grey" market for them

RE: How much???? - vinda - 02-08-2011 01:18am

Take mine

RE: How much???? - x5pea - 02-08-2011 09:42am

mine if up fr grabs as we speak

RE: How much???? - DJ2Tall - 02-08-2011 09:51am

And mine! LOL!

RE: How much???? - SW6RR - 02-08-2011 12:08pm

Christ. I reckon I'd sell for 20% on top of the OTR price...!

RE: How much???? - ED209 - 02-08-2011 12:13pm

Im not impressed by people who order to sell on. Parasites who prevent genuine buyers getting cars in a timely fashion.

RE: How much???? - SW6RR - 02-08-2011 12:21pm

ED209 - I'd agree with that and I don't think anyone here has ordered to sell on (judging by how excited everyone is).

Everything has a price though, doesn't it? If someone walked up to you and offered you £75k for your Evoque, you'd have to be a lunatic to turn them down. And what about £60k? That represents about a 20% profit on a fully loaded prestige or dynamic... Difficult to turn down, I'd say.

I don't know whether I really would when push came to shove. I'd grit my teeth, put my hands over my ears and run away from them!

RE: How much???? - DJ2Tall - 02-08-2011 12:24pm

Ditto!

RE: How much???? - Blackseries - 02-08-2011 12:33pm

(02-08-2011 12:21pm)SW6RR Wrote:  I don't know whether I really would when push came to shove. I'd grit my teeth, put my hands over my ears and run away from them!

Yes but ...... people seem to be ordering cars now and getting delivery dates before the end of the year (which is odd because I thought the first years allocation had sold out) so I'd probably take the money and re order. Unfortunately despite being the first configured customer order at my dealership my cars not due until the end of Oct beginning of November so not sure the WAGS would want mine.

RE: How much???? - XFullFatTim - 02-08-2011 12:42pm

I've learned the lesson never to look a gift horse in the mouth - if somebody is mad enough to want to pay silly money for something you own then sell it! I have a registration plate on retention that some deranged person followed me miles and miles to my house to offer me £10k for....................... I turned them down and now nobody wants to buy it and I will not be paying the retention fee this year - so that's a number plate lost that I could have got £10k for!