babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear windows down. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Tips & Tricks (/Forum-Tips-Tricks)
+--- Thread: Rear windows down. (/Thread-Rear-windows-down)

Rear windows down. - Dogscout - 16-10-2012 12:21am

5 door Pure +. Driving downi the road today I opened just the rear windows, and boy was it strange. I do not know if it was air pressure or just noise, but my head hurt. At around 40 mph it hurt like nothing I had experienced. Has any one else had this experience?

Rear windows down. - Neo - 16-10-2012 01:08am

I have the same issue when the rear windows are down. However I did experience this in most of the other cars I have driven. It must be some vacuum air effect and it makes your ears hurt.

RE: Rear windows down. - PhilSkill - 16-10-2012 07:32am

It does indeed do this on most cars, but the Evoque seems particularly susceptible to it, I noticed it straight away, just open multiple windows a bit this makes it better, it's just the effect of the air over the opening causing pressure changes in the cabin, with more windows open it reduces the ability to build up pressure, this is why I've always liked a sunroof!

RE: Rear windows down. - NightFox - 16-10-2012 10:05am

Yeah, it seems the flatter-sided the vehicle is, the worse the effect. I've also found it worse with just one window down - I reckon 50mph in a Discovery with one window down could give the CIA an alternative interrogation technique to waterboarding.

RE: Rear windows down. - XFullFatTim - 16-10-2012 12:50pm

Have you thought about fitting those perspex wind deflectors to the windows? Climair makes them IIR

RE: Rear windows down. - speary - 07-11-2012 02:06pm

I call this hellicoptering. Sounds like Airwolf for those old enough to rememberVery Happy

RE: Rear windows down. - Evo-king - 07-11-2012 10:53pm

Many years ago I was sat in the back of a VW Beetle driven by a friend, the air buffeting in the back was so bad I thought my eardrums would burst.

RE: Rear windows down. - PhilSkill - 08-11-2012 12:06am

At least the rear window doesnt rattle when it down Rolling Eyes then once your eardrums have burst you wont notice it rattling so you can put it back up!

RE: Rear windows down. - scalle - 11-11-2012 11:58am

(07-11-2012 02:06pm)speary Wrote:  I call this hellicoptering. Sounds like Airwolf for those old enough to rememberVery Happy

that is a long time ago i heard about airwolf