babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Aargh, Don't you just hate cleaning your car. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Aargh, Don't you just hate cleaning your car. (/Thread-Aargh-Don-t-you-just-hate-cleaning-your-car)

Aargh, Don't you just hate cleaning your car. - Evo-king - 20-08-2012 11:04pm

Damn it, cleaned the car and yet another piece of damage identified.

According to my son it is a stone chip!

It is located on the near side of the car on the black strip below the rear side window and is flush with the glass about the size of a pinhead.

Anyone know what touch up paint to get, RRE brochure call it Gloss Black?

RE: Aargh, Don't you just hate cleaning your car. - PhilSkill - 20-08-2012 11:14pm

Odd place to get it Evo must have been thrown by a passing car, good point though, I have a stone chip along the front black lower valance on my dynamic, guess its going to be prone to damage down there, will need some touch up for this too (I assume its same black as window trim...)

RE: Aargh, Don't you just hate cleaning your car. - Evo-king - 20-08-2012 11:18pm

I've covered a few miles since its last wash 2 weeks ago, but just cannot believe how it got there.

RE: Aargh, Don't you just hate cleaning your car. - The Valeter - 20-08-2012 11:21pm

(20-08-2012 11:14pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Odd place to get it Evo must have been thrown by a passing car, good point though, I have a stone chip along the front black lower valance on my dynamic, guess its going to be prone to damage down there, will need some touch up for this too (I assume its same black as window trim...)

I have one too in the same place. Mad

RE: Aargh, Don't you just hate cleaning your car. - XFullFatTim - 21-08-2012 09:25am

IIRC the trim black is painted "Narvik" solid black but your dealer's paint shop will be able to tell you for sure

RE: Aargh, Don't you just hate cleaning your car. - PhilSkill - 21-08-2012 11:19am

(20-08-2012 11:18pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I've covered a few miles since its last wash 2 weeks ago, but just cannot believe how it got there.

Thought you'd have heard it too if it happened while a car was passing the other way.