babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: How to prevent Glass roof from fogging (/Thread-How-to-prevent-Glass-roof-from-fogging)

How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - cs33wa - 20-08-2012 10:46pm

Hi all,

Anyone has any good method or application to prevent glass fogging in side the car, apart from the air con??
It will be a big spoil to the view if the glass roof fogged up Laughing

RE: How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - PhilSkill - 20-08-2012 10:49pm

Not had that but normally have air con on othewise screen fogs up... just made me realise I cleaned all the interior windows tonight... but forgot the big one in the roof Shocked

RE: How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - Evo-king - 20-08-2012 10:55pm

Just don't look up Phil.

+1 for the aircon, which is now permanently on, following some earlier posts advice.

RE: How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - cs33wa - 21-08-2012 01:27am

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, aircon is the best. But there are times where the temp inside is just comfortable enough to live without the aircon.
From memory, i heard of some kind of anti-fog spay.
Maybe can learn from any swimmer here how they keep their googles fog free Smile

RE: How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - Deaky - 21-08-2012 07:12am

I find licking the inside of my goggles before a swim stops them from fogging up Tongue Out

RE: How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - XFullFatTim - 21-08-2012 08:53am

Even on the coldest mornings misting of the pano roof hasn't been a problem on my car, unlike my Defender which has a popout type sunroof which not only mists up but the condesation forms icy cold drips that drop down the back of your neck on every corner or bump on cold days.................. no air con in the 90

RE: How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - NightFox - 21-08-2012 09:00am

Yep, spit is the traditional method for keeping diving masks from misting up, so just wipe spit all over the inside of your roof before each journey and you'll be sorted Cool

RE: How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - QUEEVO - 04-12-2012 08:52am

Kitchen detergent is the go...! Just wipe down the inside of the glass 1:4 with water...

RE: How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - smayo - 04-12-2012 10:33pm

RainX Anti-fog? I'm sure there are other similar products out there too though.

RE: How to prevent Glass roof from fogging - speary - 24-01-2013 02:03pm

(21-08-2012 07:12am)Deaky Wrote:  I find licking the inside of my goggles before a swim stops them from fogging up Tongue Out

I am glad i aint got the pano roof as my tongue isnt big enough to lick a whole roof Laughing