babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Least used toy/s on your Evoque? (/Thread-Least-used-toy-s-on-your-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2 3

Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - XFullFatTim - 12-08-2012 10:08pm

I have two I have never used.................. Autopark and the CO2 emissions graph thingy! If the auto park were not bundled into the Lux Pack I would not have bothered paying for it anyway, the rear cam and the PDC along with the big wing mirros make parking a breeze as it is, despite the tiny rear window, almost as easy as my last FFRR Very Happy
I think the only option that I don't have that I might miss is the spare wheel although I haven't missed it yet. Apart from the spare wheel all my car is missing from the options list is Metallic Paint, Solar Attenuating Glass, Smokers Pack and High beam Assist.

One thing I would like instead of the Auto Park is the superb Adaptive Cruise Control that was fitted to my last RRS

RE: Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - Jonathon555 - 12-08-2012 10:43pm

Least used toy on my evoque is the cruise control

As last time i used it ate all the fuel rapidly

RE: Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - Daigriff - 12-08-2012 11:00pm

Rear view mirror...far too slow to kick in.
DVD player

RE: Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - cjfp - 12-08-2012 11:06pm

My rear view mirror works all the time ....

Now my rear view camera, that's a different matter Laughing

RE: Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - RacingSnake - 12-08-2012 11:43pm

I've used the Autopark... although bloody annoying today, tried to use it again.... it found a space, but I wanted the next one along, so drove on...... when I stopped and selected reverse, it reversed all the way back past the one I wanted to the original space Rolling Eyes
I had to cancel it and just park it myself in the space I wanted (such a chore Wink )
We haven't used the TV in anger, thats probably our least used gadget.... that and the rear coat hooks... never been used.

Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - Rootsboy - 12-08-2012 11:45pm

Surround cameras! Paid for this as a extra and wished I hadn't

RE: Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - The Valeter - 12-08-2012 11:58pm

(12-08-2012 10:43pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Least used toy on my evoque is the cruise control

As last time i used it ate all the fuel rapidly

I thaught the idea of cruise control was to conserve fuel? I used it recently from Blackpool to Kent & got my best fuel consumption at circia 66MPH.
To be honest, in the real world as much as I like the toys I really do think that most of the tech options are a waste of money & a drain on the power Sad

RE: Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - Frp1 - 13-08-2012 01:11am

Terrain response..
I have used it may times off-road Smile but I think it will be the least used item on evoque as a whole.

Ben

RE: Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - alibeau - 13-08-2012 02:42am

Park assist, not used it once! But I generally try to avoid parking in tight spots anyway... Worried about the other cars hitting mine if they should leave before me....

Love the surround cameras for parking, avoiding kerbs etc

The girls do use the RSE but could easily live without it and with hindsight probably should have gone for the Plus seats instead. Didn't like the look of them originally but they have really grown on me....

So should I order another Evoque I would ditch the RSE, add plus seats and also a spare wheel (oversight on my part this time around).

Ali Smile

RE: Least used toy/s on your Evoque? - cs33wa - 13-08-2012 03:56am

(13-08-2012 02:42am)alibeau Wrote:  Park assist, not used it once! But I generally try to avoid parking in tight spots anyway... Worried about the other cars hitting mine if they should leave before me....

Love the surround cameras for parking, avoiding kerbs etc

The girls do use the RSE but could easily live without it and with hindsight probably should have gone for the Plus seats instead. Didn't like the look of them originally but they have really grown on me....

So should I order another Evoque I would ditch the RSE, add plus seats and also a spare wheel (oversight on my part this time around).

Ali Smile

Hi there,

Just a question on the practicality of the surround camera at night.
I do a lot of side parkings and thinking that the kerb view can be really helpful to protect the 20" wheel.
Obviously the view will be clear during day time. Is the view good enough at dark?? Unlike front and back, tgere are no lights on the side.
Hv to finalise my specs soon, thanks for you feedback.