babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque (/Thread-Range-Rover-Sport-Supercharged-brakes-on-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2

Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - Lone Rangerover - 01-08-2012 03:30am

Anyone know if this is possible as a simple bolt across application -- they would sure look good and help stopping distances.

Also, would it change the bolt pattern on the hub giving access to much more choice for wheels ?

RE: Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - Lone Rangerover - 19-08-2012 01:21am

No one has contemplated doing this ? Anyone ?

Or am I the only crazy one Wink ?

RE: Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - doug - 19-08-2012 06:47am

If the brakes of a D3 can be made to fit a FL2, when it could work. But I very much doubt it. I full set of callipers,pads & discs for a supercharged RRS would cost over £1000Confused If your after red calipers, eBay say plastic glue on covers which look very real.

RE: Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - XFullFatTim - 19-08-2012 08:56am

Having owned 2 RRS's, not the supercharged but TDV8 with the same Brembo brakes, the problem wouldn't be fitting the brakes but finding wheels suitable to fit over them. Even on RRS there was only one 19" design and one 20" design from LR that could handle the extra diameter of the caliper dampers without fouling the alloy rims and also handle the 2.8 tonnes weight of the car (not a problem with RRE though)

RE: Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - RacingSnake - 19-08-2012 09:32am

Sounds intresting... and someone has to do it! lol
I think some good chunky brakes would really suit the Evoque.
RRS discs are what? 380mm I think I read, not sure about the caliper clearance, but surely the 20" wheels would be big enough?!!
but as you (OP) said, the wheel bolts would be a fundamental issue.

RE: Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - Griff449 - 19-08-2012 09:46am

Are the brakes on the Evoque the same as that on a Freelander 2 then.......?

RE: Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - XFullFatTim - 19-08-2012 10:09am

yes, like most of the bits under the party frock!

Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - Jai - 19-08-2012 10:26am

You can fit 380mm discs under a 19" wheel but where you may come unstuck is the master cylinder and also the total piston surface area vs. the new calipers etc. may effect all that fancy programming for terrain control etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - Pfanni - 19-08-2012 11:09am

Here in Germany a company called "Matzker" fits supercharged brakes on the evoque

http://www.matzker.de/product_info.php?products_id=1542&XTCsid=836650e70eb097a491a31e51c27de0b8

RE: Range Rover Sport Supercharged brakes on Evoque - Griff449 - 19-08-2012 11:39am

(19-08-2012 10:09am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  yes, like most of the bits under the party frock!

Like it Laughing