babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? (/Thread-Anyone-painted-your-dynamic-black-bits-on-the-wheel-arches)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - Lone Rangerover - 15-07-2012 01:58am

Would love to see some pics, --preferably orkney grey but other colors would be neat to see also.

I am considering painting mine but am hesitant. Pictures are much appreciated

RE: Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - mark_n - 15-07-2012 07:26am

I think you'll do well to get the paint to adhere to them...

RE: Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - paulw - 15-07-2012 10:27am

(15-07-2012 01:58am)Lone Rangerover Wrote:  Would love to see some pics, --preferably orkney grey but other colors would be neat to see also.

I am considering painting mine but am hesitant. Pictures are much appreciated

i've painted them on my pure it should give you some kind of idea too how it would look
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Purenamic-and-colour-coded

RE: Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - Token - 15-07-2012 11:55am

Could them wrapped...probably wouldn't cost much.

RE: Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - Lone Rangerover - 15-07-2012 04:03pm

(15-07-2012 11:55am)Token Wrote:  Could them wrapped...probably wouldn't cost much.

Hmmmm .... I never thought of that. I wonder if the arches would have to be removed to wrap, and how close the wrap material would be in color to the Land Rover Orkney Grey.

Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - Jai - 15-07-2012 05:11pm

Problem with any colour other than black is that it will stand out so easily Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - XFullFatTim - 15-07-2012 05:44pm

Don't think about doing it to a Fuji White Evoque, it looks awful!

RE: Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - mark_n - 15-07-2012 07:22pm

I was parked in a car park today and some idiot chinese arrive in a battered Civic and opened the door, bang into the wheel arch surround which is now dented.

It's bad enough they did it - and better the door didn't hit metal - but it doesn't say much for the wheel arch surround which is clearly made of very soft and easily deformable plastic. It's one of the quality worries I have with the RRE, that the external plastics are just not good enough.

I tried to get them to pay £50, we settled on £20 and am waiting for the parts database to come back online to find out a part no and cost. I expect they can easily be removed and replaced.

RE: Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - WB - 16-07-2012 09:40am

(15-07-2012 07:22pm)mark_n Wrote:  I was parked in a car park today and some idiot chinese arrive in a battered Civic and opened the door, bang into the wheel arch surround which is now dented.

It's bad enough they did it - and better the door didn't hit metal - but it doesn't say much for the wheel arch surround which is clearly made of very soft and easily deformable plastic. It's one of the quality worries I have with the RRE, that the external plastics are just not good enough.

I tried to get them to pay £50, we settled on £20 and am waiting for the parts database to come back online to find out a part no and cost. I expect they can easily be removed and replaced.

The good news is that they're cheap parts but you're right that they are ridculously easy to mark!

RE: Anyone painted your dynamic black bits on the wheel arches? - andrey1302 - 18-07-2012 08:42pm

this might give you an idea...

http://www.autoscout24.ch/Search/Detail.aspx?lng=fr&nav=7&vehtyp=10&SearchType=AS24&make=12920&allmakes=AS24&typename=evoque&page=5&index=80&vehid=957223

personally I don't really like it...