babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Tyre Insurance - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Tyre Insurance (/Thread-Tyre-Insurance--4513)

Tyre Insurance - MartinP - 01-06-2012 12:35pm

I've been looking at getting this as the replacement costs are so high should anything unfortunate happen, but after reading the T&C that apply to the policies I do not feel that comfortable with them. I wondered if any forum members had any experience of claiming on one of these policies and how they got on. Maybe I'm a tad paranoid here but I don't want to waste money on something that's not worthwhile! Please PM me if you are not happy to go public with your reply.

Tyre Insurance - flurberman - 01-06-2012 04:03pm

I'd also be interested in tyre and alloy insurance if someone can recommend a good one.

Thanks.

RE: Tyre Insurance - Pommyboi - 01-06-2012 05:01pm

You might like reading this post: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Don-t-damage-any-tyres?highlight=%22tyre+insurance%22

A bit more info about Tims experience using tyre insurance

RE: Tyre Insurance - mark_n - 01-06-2012 05:48pm

If you are averagedly lucky (or unlucky), tyre insurance will cost you, of course it will. Better in my view to put some money aside (mentally if not actually) and you will generally be ahead rather than the insurance company.

You can have too much insurance and peace of mind comes at a price.

I stopped paying British Gas £25 a month to maintain my heating about 18 months ago. Nothing has gone wrong since then so I am £450 ahead, and counting.

RE: Tyre Insurance - fam1x - 01-06-2012 06:07pm

Well I have tyre and alloy insurance from the dealer, as I've had bad luck with nails in the passed. 5 months on and wife's scratched the alloys so just put the claim in see what happens. It's not a huge scratch about 1cm, hardly noticeable even so they policy states have to report it, took pictures and sent it in.

RE: Tyre Insurance - PigLauncher - 01-06-2012 09:12pm

I am paying 199 for 3 years cover. Up to 10 tyres or alloy repairs. A mate has exactly the same cover and curbed one alloy on the first day of ownership.

Re: Tyre Insurance - JoBro - 01-06-2012 10:32pm

Mine is $890 AUD for the first 3 years and is excess free.

It only covers me if I damage the Tyre or if I warp or break the rim, it doesn't cover me for scratching the rim or general wear and tear of the Tyre.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

RE: Tyre Insurance - Daigriff - 01-06-2012 10:58pm

One alloy wheel claim...very efficient bought from dealer.
Didnt bother with tyre insurance.