Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tyre Insurance
MartinP

Tyre Insurance

I've been looking at getting this as the replacement costs are so high should anything unfortunate happen, but after reading the T&C that apply to the policies I do not feel that comfortable with them. I wondered if any forum members had any experience of claiming on one of these policies and how they got on. Maybe I'm a tad paranoid here but I don't want to waste money on something that's not worthwhile! Please PM me if you are not happy to go public with your reply.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
01-06-2012 12:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flurberman

Tyre Insurance

I'd also be interested in tyre and alloy insurance if someone can recommend a good one.

Thanks.

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
01-06-2012 04:03pm
Pommyboi

RE: Tyre Insurance

You might like reading this post: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Don-t-dam...surance%22

A bit more info about Tims experience using tyre insurance

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
01-06-2012 05:01pm
mark_n

If you are averagedly lucky (or unlucky), tyre insurance will cost you, of course it will. Better in my view to put some money aside (mentally if not actually) and you will generally be ahead rather than the insurance company.

You can have too much insurance and peace of mind comes at a price.

I stopped paying British Gas £25 a month to maintain my heating about 18 months ago. Nothing has gone wrong since then so I am £450 ahead, and counting.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
01-06-2012 05:48pm
fam1x

Well I have tyre and alloy insurance from the dealer, as I've had bad luck with nails in the passed. 5 months on and wife's scratched the alloys so just put the claim in see what happens. It's not a huge scratch about 1cm, hardly noticeable even so they policy states have to report it, took pictures and sent it in.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
01-06-2012 06:07pm
PigLauncher

I am paying 199 for 3 years cover. Up to 10 tyres or alloy repairs. A mate has exactly the same cover and curbed one alloy on the first day of ownership.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
01-06-2012 09:12pm
JoBro

Re: Tyre Insurance

Mine is $890 AUD for the first 3 years and is excess free.

It only covers me if I damage the Tyre or if I warp or break the rim, it doesn't cover me for scratching the rim or general wear and tear of the Tyre.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
01-06-2012 10:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

One alloy wheel claim...very efficient bought from dealer.
Didnt bother with tyre insurance.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
01-06-2012 10:58pm