babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Vulnerable trim - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Going Off Tarmac (/Forum-Going-Off-Tarmac)
+--- Thread: Vulnerable trim (/Thread-Vulnerable-trim)

Pages: 1 2

Vulnerable trim - Claud - 04-06-2012 08:14pm

I took the Evoque around the Forest Drive, off Dukes Pass near Aberfoyle on Thursay. The tracks are very good and smooth and gives you access to wilderness very easily.

I decided to drive onto some stone chippings mounded by the track for a photo. On reversing back I heard a crunch. On getting out the car I found the black fin that sits under the front bumper in front the wheels sitting on the ground Shocked

What is that bit of plastic for? I can see regular off road trips will mean it would get ripped off pretty frequently Banging Head

It is quite easy to attach, but means lying on the ground screwing it back on.

RE: Vulnerable trim - Griff449 - 04-06-2012 09:28pm

I have them n my Freelander as well........

RE: Vulnerable trim - Bowl - 05-06-2012 03:53am

Most modern cars have those little flaps - My Merc also has them. I assume they're for aerodynamic purposes, ie, to direct wind away from the front wheel, thus reducing wind noise.

RE: Vulnerable trim - J77 - 05-06-2012 12:46pm

I believe it's to reduce spray.

RE: Vulnerable trim - The Valeter - 05-06-2012 05:39pm

They are called "BiB" Spoilers. I believe they are to reduce drag from the wind.

RE: Vulnerable trim - rchrdleigh - 05-06-2012 09:06pm

Designed to reduce the amount of spray hitting the windscreen. Held on by three screws and easy to remove before going off road.

RE: Vulnerable trim - doug - 05-06-2012 10:30pm

(05-06-2012 09:06pm)rchrdleigh Wrote:  Designed to reduce the amount of spray hitting the windscreen. Held on by three screws and easy to remove before going off road.

When you say designed to reduce spray hitting the windscreen, do you mean on the car behind you. As I can't see how it can help on the car it's fitted on. Unless your driving in revese down the motorway Very Happy

RE: Vulnerable trim - J77 - 06-06-2012 04:10pm

I reduces the amount of water that comes over the bonnet.

RE: Vulnerable trim - XFullFatTim - 06-06-2012 10:32pm

Claud, that's my back garden you were playing in, I hope you didn't damage any of it! The croft just off the track with the Highland cows in field in front of it belongs to some friends on mine who also arrange some of the SLROC green road runs in the area where you are staying.

RE: Vulnerable trim - J77 - 06-06-2012 10:37pm

Never been around there, the next nice Saturday will check it out.