babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
BBC re Land Rover / JLR profits rise 34% - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Official LR Announcements (/Forum-Official-LR-Announcements)
+--- Thread: BBC re Land Rover / JLR profits rise 34% (/Thread-BBC-re-Land-Rover-JLR-profits-rise-34)

BBC re Land Rover - Belvoirbloke - 29-05-2012 05:13pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18250315

RE: BBC re Land Rover - Griff449 - 29-05-2012 07:24pm

Yes things picking p for them!

RE: BBC re Land Rover - Lookers Park Royal - 29-05-2012 07:47pm

LPR live on 6 o'clock news...... Hopefully it will be repeated!

James Smile

RE: BBC re Land Rover - XFullFatTim - 29-05-2012 07:49pm

It appears they have learned that if you build something people want, you'll sell it, build a heap of sh*t and nobody will buy it and JLR have certainly been down that route before now. Now to persuade the doubters that LR actually build quite reliable cars too........ that might be a harder nut to crack though as there are plenty of ex-Land Rover clients out there who not only had duff products but also unsympathetic or just plain useless service outlets,

RE: BBC re Land Rover - Belvoirbloke - 29-05-2012 08:15pm

(29-05-2012 07:49pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It appears they have learned that if you build something people want, you'll sell it, build a heap of sh*t and nobody will buy it and JLR have certainly been down that route before now. Now to persuade the doubters that LR actually build quite reliable cars too........ that might be a harder nut to crack though as there are plenty of ex-Land Rover clients out there who not only had duff products but also unsympathetic or just plain useless service outlets,

I guess the big, big increases are China and India and Brazil etc ... those buyers are probably not so aware of the turbulent past. The new richer people just see the glamourous image attached to Land/Range Rover.
In my area here, a big farming community, many own LR/RRs some of them quite old, the unreliability issue doesn’t put them off. I think for them it’s true capability that matters.

JLR Profits Rise 34% - THEMACS - 29-05-2012 09:01pm

Good article on BBC Business website re the latest financial results of JLR.

Great News for our Economy in the UK and a Big Congratulations to them!!

RE: BBC re Land Rover - Evo-king - 29-05-2012 09:15pm

The report mentions JLR UK as its biggest market with 60,000+ sales, up 3.2%.

I thought that the Evoque had UK orders in the region of 60k, something doesn't add up, unless orders are not in this equation, and sold Evoque units are some way bellow that figure.

But even so, with a new model like the Evoque coming on stream I would have thought 3.2% increase was rather low, but then again I'm not a LR number cruncher.

RE: BBC re Land Rover / JLR profits rise 34% - XFullFatTim - 30-05-2012 08:36am

Ratan Tata will be getting a nice bonus then this year, and a new FFRR company car as well!

RE: BBC re Land Rover / JLR profits rise 34% - Belvoirbloke - 30-05-2012 08:50am

Funnily enough I always said I would only go to India on holiday if I could do it and see it from an air-conditioned Range Rover .. maybe more possible than I thought !!