babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. (/Thread-To-Roof-Rail-or-not-to-Roof-Rail-that-is-the-question)

Pages: 1 2 3

To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - Chicago_Buckeye - 07-05-2012 01:08am

After searching every Evoque Forum I know and Googling extensively, I have yet to see definitive pictures showing how the OEM Roof Rails look on an Evoque (coupe or 5-door). All the pictures I have found show them from far away and don't really give a good idea of how the Roof Rails look once installed.

I can purchase them at a great price from a local LR dealer (under $1000 USD including tax & installation). Considering my Dynamic color combo (Firenze/Santorini) I would definitely go with the black (versus silver) Roof Rails. So it is really a matter of deciding whether they look good or not. I will admit I would install them for purely cosmetic reasons; thereby my dilemma, as I have never actually seen an Evoque wih Roof Rails installed.

Anyone care to share thoughts (or even better, pictures!) of what an Evoque with Roof Rails looks like?

[Image: RRE.jpg]

RE: To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - Sarcastrix - 07-05-2012 08:13am

(07-05-2012 01:08am)Chicago_Buckeye Wrote:  After searching every Evoque Forum I know and Googling extensively, I have yet to see definitive pictures showing how the OEM Roof Rails look on an Evoque (coupe or 5-door). All the pictures I have found show them from far away and don't really give a good idea of how the Roof Rails look once installed.

How close up do you want the pictures?

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Fitting-Of-Roofrails

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Roof-rails-do-they-spoil-the-lines?pid=30503#pid30503

Nice looking car BTW.

RE: To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - Coolbanana - 07-05-2012 09:13am

I think the roof rails make the car look better Cool

RE: To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - THEMACS - 07-05-2012 09:17am

(07-05-2012 09:13am)Coolbanana Wrote:  I think the roof rails make the car look better Cool

DON'T DO IT!! They look NAFF!!!!

RE: To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - Coolbanana - 07-05-2012 09:46am

(07-05-2012 09:17am)THEMACS Wrote:  DON'T DO IT!! They look NAFF!!!!

Laughing To me, they finish the car off and make it look more purposeful - the RRE looks incomplete without them. Didn't think that at first but when I saw them fitted on a car, I changed my mind and preferred the look.

And besides adding extra versatility, they inadvertently cured the wind noise my car had above 50 mph. Win-win for me. Cool

RE: To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - tetstb - 07-05-2012 01:33pm

I've got rails on my OG 5dr dynamic and I think with the pan roof they look great. I'm with coolbanana

RE: To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - Sarcastrix - 07-05-2012 02:00pm

I concur, got them on my Fuji Coupe too.

RE: To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - The Valeter - 07-05-2012 03:24pm

This should help given mine is the same as yours!! Smile

[Image: 86ff4bd5.jpg]

[Image: 4a11af82.jpg]

RE: To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - mark_n - 07-05-2012 03:36pm

Yes, I think they improve the look of the car, no downside that I can think of, except perhaps they are slightly difficult to fit and get looking right. The problem is the trim pieces which slide under the ends. You need to adjust the rails vertically so that the trim pieces fit without gaps but not so tight they distort and create gaps. It helps to lubricate the sliding surfaces so that the trim pieces slide into place easily.

Ah, but I am having the dealer fit them, I hear you say. Unless you have a particularly good dealer, that's not much reassurance. Make sure they have fitted them before and are not using your car to learn on. Otherwise, if you can wield a torx screwdriver, do the job yourself and take time for the best result.

RE: To Roof Rail...or not to Roof Rail...that is the question. - evoquemayne - 07-05-2012 03:51pm

Mark I think you're online, tried to send you an email but it froze, I'n not sure it worked and I can't PM. Did you ever get that Aftermarket TPMS fitted?

(Apologies, I know this is off topic)

(07-05-2012 03:36pm)mark_n Wrote:  Yes, I think they improve the look of the car, no downside that I can think of, except perhaps they are slightly difficult to fit and get looking right. The problem is the trim pieces which slide under the ends. You need to adjust the rails vertically so that the trim pieces fit without gaps but not so tight they distort and create gaps. It helps to lubricate the sliding surfaces so that the trim pieces slide into place easily.

Ah, but I am having the dealer fit them, I hear you say. Unless you have a particularly good dealer, that's not much reassurance. Make sure they have fitted them before and are not using your car to learn on. Otherwise, if you can wield a torx screwdriver, do the job yourself and take time for the best result.