babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear DRL's - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Rear DRL's (/Thread-Rear-DRL-s)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Rear DRL's - QUEEVO - 13-08-2012 01:03pm

hard-wire your rear fogs...

Rear DRL's - Stadt Panzer - 13-08-2012 03:58pm

DRL - Name says it all, they are not designed for poor vis but to aid others to see you during the day. Just like motorbikes should always run with their lights on.

RE: Rear DRL's - cjfp - 13-08-2012 04:10pm

@sp - exactly! But when there are no rear drl then that doesnt make you very visible to cars behind (unless that's the point you were trying to make and I've misunderstood you)

Rear DRL's - Stadt Panzer - 13-08-2012 08:12pm

Cjfp. The idea is that people see you coming and not going Smile. You would have to travelling at some speed with fog before you over saw someone in front of you but pulling out of a junction you could over see a car with out lights on. Being a motorbike rider, I speak from experience.

RE: Rear DRL's - benzina - 14-08-2012 01:29am

I got my dealer to disable my DRL's, prefering to use my running lights on command (front & rear), when i think it's needed.....but thats just me.

RE: Rear DRL's - PhilSkill - 14-08-2012 08:46am

(14-08-2012 01:29am)benzina Wrote:  I got my dealer to disable my DRL's, prefering to use my running lights on command (front & rear), when i think it's needed.....but thats just me.

So with them disabled how do you comand them...? Switch stalks only have settings for Off, side lights, dipped beam, Auto and Main beam push.

RE: Rear DRL's - benzina - 14-08-2012 12:25pm

Running lights = side lights. I have signature LED'S, and they may be a bit dimmer, but they do the job on darkish overcast days.

RE: Rear DRL's - PhilSkill - 14-08-2012 12:27pm

DRL mode is much brighter than side light mode on the signature LED's at the front

RE: Rear DRL's - bee - 24-12-2017 05:33pm

(13-08-2012 12:06pm)leonvh Wrote:  It was the first thing that I changed in the settings of my Audi (using a VCDS cable and software). I think I had to change it to the Scandinavian lights-setting to also have the rear-lights on when DRL is active. Combinations with the indicator lights were also possible.

Surely something similar must also be possible on a RR/LR?

Weather conditions do not have to bad to benefit from DRL's: Especially when the sun is low in the morning/evening, cars with rear DRL's are much better visible.

I'm sure it must bee a simple conversion to get rear drls to work on the evoque. Cool

RE: Rear DRL's - XFullFatTim - 26-12-2017 12:09am

From 2014 to 2017MY the rears werecsetupas drl’s But I have recently noticed 2017MY cars don’t have them any longer.....