babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear DRL's - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Rear DRL's (/Thread-Rear-DRL-s)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rear DRL's - jpleclef - 02-05-2012 10:57pm

I tried searching for this but I couldn't seem to find anything - although I am sure there is.

Is there a way to get the lights on the back of the evoque to stay on as if they were DRL's?

RE: Rear DRL's - cjfp - 02-05-2012 11:03pm

No-one has posted a way yet, but BAS was kindly going to look into it when he has some spare time.

I have also contacted LR CS but to no avail.

To me this is an obvious requirement.

There is also a thread on this somewhere already but I am having Trouble locating it! - will keep looking and will post link when (if) I find it.

RE: Rear DRL's - PhilSkill - 02-05-2012 11:18pm

Its on the list of requested improvements we're putting together, as in our overcast skys Rear lights with front DRL's would be ideal, save using Xenons as you're not lighting anything up but just want to be seen.

RE: Rear DRL's - Bodlyfunctions - 02-05-2012 11:59pm

Surely if it is dark and overcast either you would put your lights on or (if you have it), the auto lights would come on?
That turns on the back lights too.
(I am not trying to be sarcastic, it just seems a logical solution)

RE: Rear DRL's - PhilSkill - 03-05-2012 08:50am

With the Brightness of the DRL's in daytime even in overcast weather you don't need your headlights, and rather than blinding other people unneccessarily, the DRL's and rear lights would work well in my view, I usually end up switching to side lights, dimmer at the front than DRL's.

If the DRL's are on in the day to save accidents, which basically means people seeing you, why would having the rear's on as well not be even safer?

RE: Rear DRL's - XFullFatTim - 03-05-2012 09:11am

There is an interesting letter to the Editor of Autocar in this week's edition about this - it appears that most makers don't enable rear DRL's as there is no requirement for them.

RE: Rear DRL's - andrey1302 - 03-05-2012 09:13am

(03-05-2012 08:50am)PhilSkill Wrote:  With the Brightness of the DRL's in daytime even in overcast weather you don't need your headlights, and rather than blinding other people unneccessarily, the DRL's and rear lights would work well in my view, I usually end up switching to side lights, dimmer at the front than DRL's.

If the DRL's are on in the day to save accidents, which basically means people seeing you, why would having the rear's on as well not be even safer?

One of the reasons for that might be that people would think that you are breaking.....

And anyway you wont be blinding people with headlights in the dim conditions as you don't really see the headlamps as its still light outside...

I like it only with the fronts.... But that's only my view

RE: Rear DRL's - XFullFatTim - 03-05-2012 09:24am

Audrey if you are braking the high level light comes on so people know if you are running rear DRL's or braking, no high-level light, not braking

RE: Rear DRL's - andrey1302 - 03-05-2012 10:10am

(03-05-2012 09:24am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Audrey if you are braking the high level light comes on so people know if you are running rear DRL's or braking, no high-level light, not braking

I know, but I'm sure that some people will complain, to me its the same case as american cars having red turn signals instead of orange...

RE: Rear DRL's - jpleclef - 03-05-2012 10:12am

Yeah, the reason I ask is because I have seen them on Q7's/Q5's etc and not only are they a potential safety precaution it also seems like they're missing on the evoque..