babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Having trouble with USB Music? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: Having trouble with USB Music? (/Thread-Having-trouble-with-USB-Music)

Pages: 1 2

Having trouble with USB Music? - PhilSkill - 26-04-2012 08:53am

Are you having trouble with your USB when playing Music?

Please post a description of the trouble you are having the USB device you have and the Music format and ripping/download tools used to create the files if you can.
Mine locks up more and more frequently now during the playing of a song and needs a full reset or sometimes the USB device to be removed and re-inserted, I have multiple USB devices including Sandisk Cruzer Blade and Fit, Freecom toughdrive HDD, Evoque Branded USB Stick. I use Media Monkey to Rip my CD's to WMA at 128kb/s, 256kb/s and 320kb/s and have used Musicmatch to rip many older CD's to MP3 at 128Kb/s or 256Kb/s.

RE: Having trouble with USB Music? - XFullFatTim - 26-04-2012 09:42am

Never used a USB stick, but have no problems using my iPhone either connected or streaming by B/T

RE: Having trouble with USB Music? - broady43 - 26-04-2012 11:39am

I have just purchased a 4gb Evoque usb from Ebay.I uploaded the usb from my Itunes simply by inserting the usb into the laptop,click on open folder to view file.Then on my Itunes music click on an album(which has to be burned from a CD)it will turn blue round the edge,then drag the CD over to the opened usb page and let go of it.It should down load the album in a matter of seconds.
Hope this helps.If you get stuck,have a look on youtube as that is where I got the instructions from.

RE: Having trouble with USB Music? - PhilSkill - 26-04-2012 12:49pm

Thanks Tim, Broady, I don't use iTunes/Apple stuff, all done in Windows, but if it turns out no-one has any problems and all use iTunes I may have to succumb to see if I still have a problem. If I'm the only one with a problem still after trying iTunes then It'll start to point at my Evoque...

Keep on voting everyone

RE: Having trouble with USB Music? - cjfp - 26-04-2012 06:46pm

I use windows and dont, as of yet, have problems

RE: Having trouble with USB Music? - PhilSkill - 26-04-2012 09:05pm

Looking like somethings up, but it works for a while... Sad

Dealer is never going to understand this fault.

Any more voters please

RE: Having trouble with USB Music? - Straydox - 26-04-2012 10:00pm

Will be a couple of weeks.....I will be hoping to use a USB adaptor with a 32GB SDHC inserted, I'm not a fan of the an iPod indexes albums so that option is out for me. Some USB devices, especially external disk drives are power hungry and need almost twice as much power as a single USB can provide. My departing Audi had a USB music interface (AMI in Audi speak) and that was sensitive to disk format - FAT worked, NTFS didn't.

RE: Having trouble with USB Music? - PhilSkill - 26-04-2012 10:29pm

Yeah FAT32 only, meaning you have to index the stick to get the directory listings Alphabetic, see my thread on that.

RE: Having trouble with USB Music? - cjfp - 26-04-2012 10:32pm

Philskill - would there be any reason why your 'alpha' prog might do something that stops it from working properly?

RE: Having trouble with USB Music? - PhilSkill - 26-04-2012 10:35pm

No, I've brought new sticks, put a single album on and not run the program, still locks up, If it hadn't stopped once when I was stationary with the engine off i'd be thinking I have a bad connection... maybe still do.

Gonna try the other USB socket tomorrow, since I notice you said the iPod socket works. (probably just wired together)