babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Change in Price of Car ordered - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Change in Price of Car ordered (/Thread-Change-in-Price-of-Car-ordered)

Change in Price of Car ordered - 441kali - 10-04-2012 01:52am

I put $1000.(January) down on a Evoque Pure OG that was already pre-ordered by the dealership and expected in April. At that time my summary says the base price is $43,995 plus I the premium package added at $4,000. total $47,995. Now the dealership tells me that my car is actually 48,635.00. Base price $41,145. plus premium package xenon $6000.00 Minus highbeam assist and it has satelite Radio and HD radio added. I didn't want statelit or HD radio. What the heck? I have never ordered a car before. Can they just up and change the price and car? Help!

RE: Change in Price of Car ordered - TiTan - 10-04-2012 02:49am

Check your contract. In Oz there is a clause which allows you to back out of the contract within a specified time if the price or specifications change after ordering.

RE: Change in Price of Car ordered - 441kali - 10-04-2012 11:13am

Thanks Titan. I could back out of contract.............. but I really want the car. Been dreaming of this car for over 6 months. I just think if it is changed from wht I ordered and put my money down and signed then they should just go with the original contracted price. Also another question. They wanted to give me an unacceptable amout trade in on my Mercedes 320R. I don't have the time to put it in the paper because the car comes in thursday. Is it better to take it to the Mercedes dealership...and do they do that....buy your car back. Are there any tricks or things I should know when doing this?

RE: Change in Price of Car ordered - XFullFatTim - 10-04-2012 11:43am

I think that if you read the tiny print there may be a clause that states something to the effect that final price is subject to fluctuations in exchange rates and list price rises. To fix the price 4-6 months out from delivery is not that easy, especially with the poor value of the dollar.