babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 (/Thread-DC100-Concept-pics-from-NYC-12)

Pages: 1 2

DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - Sarcastrix - 05-04-2012 02:19pm

Some updated pictures from the NYC motorshow 2012.

[attachment=1888][attachment=1889][attachment=1890][attachment=1891]
[attachment=1893][attachment=1894][attachment=1895][attachment=1896][attachment=1897]

RE: DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - XFullFatTim - 05-04-2012 04:20pm

Not sure White and orange is the right colour scheme, the Firenze Red with white contrast roof shown in the UK Mags recently is rather nice but not practical for off road use. Loved the Yellow open top one but apparently it will never be built. If they go into reduction mine will be White or dark Metallic Green, prefer white as off road bramble attack doesn't show up quite so badly as it does on bright colours and it's taken 10 years to change my shiny metallic Epsom green 90 into a Matt/ milky Epsom Green Defender by getting the clear coat scratched!

RE: DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - J77 - 11-04-2012 06:42pm

I like that a lot. It has the same colour scheme as the 1,000,000th Disco. I think the car looks stunning and this could be my Evoques replacement.

RE: DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - tetstb - 12-04-2012 10:52am

I think it will lose them a huge share of the utility 4x4 market if this is intended to replace the existing Defender. Farmers what basic but functional , this is aimed at a different market and will no doubt cost more.

RE: DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - XFullFatTim - 12-04-2012 06:41pm

Bob, there is a rumoured sub Evoque sized and Evoque platform based utility version of DC100, what shocked me was that I was speaking to some people from LR yesterday when they parked their company RRS next to me and had a long chat about Evoque and they mentioned that the DC100 or whatever it is called will, with 80% certainty be built in India to keep production costs down. I for one WILL NOT buy a Land Rover product assembled in India and shipped back to the UK, might as well go out and buy an Izuzu Trooper which is just as crude and capable off road and costs a lot less and is lovingly assembled in Japan. I want a BRITISH assembled car not an Indian assembled car, which is one reason why I continue to buy Land Rover products - they are actually assembled here and don't incur huge amounts of oil to ship them around the world.

RE: DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - J77 - 12-04-2012 06:59pm

I agree Tim, not keen to buy an Indian built LR when they have the facilities to build it here.

RE: DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - tetstb - 12-04-2012 08:11pm

Built it Inida ? Jings, I'm just getting over the build quality issues from Halewood. I think a smaller model based on the concept is going to find it hard to find a market unless they are aiming at the X1 , Fat Mini or Kuga market and then they will have to get the pricing right.

I hope Stratstone have finally fixed my niggles, we really love the car so have decided to give them one last chance to fix it and if they have then I'm going to try and fall in love with me RRE again.

I can't see premium buyers paying for an Indian built car but I can see it selling if it was sub 30K

Tim makes a valid point about shipping impact and we do have to support our exports, all goes towards the balance deficit.

RE: DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - Donny Dog - 12-04-2012 08:40pm

(12-04-2012 06:59pm)J77 Wrote:  I agree Tim, not keen to buy an Indian built LR when they have the facilities to build it here.

Although I suppose we should be grateful that Tata 'saved' the marque, I wouldn't have thought that it becoming widely known that any of them were made in India would be good for the LR/RR image. You don't exactly see 'Tata' or India featured in their current publicity as a selling point. In saying that, I'm not commenting on likely Indian build quality, merely reflecting that Land Rover is still widely seen as 'British' (as are Rolls-Royce and Bentley even though neither of them are British owned either).

RE: DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - XFullFatTim - 12-04-2012 09:28pm

Nobody bats an eye lid about Tetley Tea which is also Tata owned.................. or Corus Steel
Bob the car to be based on the Evoque platform is reputedly to be a farm utility vehicle to replace Defender that might look like the DC100, and aimed at African farmers....................... not a sub Evoque luxury car

RE: DC100 Concept pics from NYC '12 - jojosr - 12-04-2012 09:58pm

Not my cup of tea, looks similar like Skoda Yeti, I think this is not the best LR designers piece....It has not the nice and simple designs of Evoque, not at all.