babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Ambient lights. A bit dim? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Ambient lights. A bit dim? (/Thread-Ambient-lights-A-bit-dim)

Pages: 1 2

Ambient lights. A bit dim? - ED209 - 01-04-2012 10:32pm

One thing i have noticed since getting my car is that the ambient lighting doesnt seem very bright at all. Its certainly not as bright as i had hoped. Is there anyway of making it brighter apart from the menu on the touch screen?

RE: Ambient lights. A bit dim? - Craig_d1 - 01-04-2012 10:39pm

Not that I could work out. One thing for the facelift I guess...better mood lighting.

RE: Ambient lights. A bit dim? - ED209 - 01-04-2012 10:43pm

(01-04-2012 10:39pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Not that I could work out. One thing for the facelift I guess...better mood lighting.

Its just a minor point really, certainly nothing worth getig my usual angry self over !

RE: Ambient lights. A bit dim? - ytshome - 01-04-2012 11:19pm

(01-04-2012 10:32pm)ED209 Wrote:  One thing i have noticed since getting my car is that the ambient lighting doesnt seem very bright at all. Its certainly not as bright as i had hoped. Is there anyway of making it brighter apart from the menu on the touch screen?

I agree ed. given their links with jaguar, they are certainly not as good as my last XF.

RE: Ambient lights. A bit dim? - The Valeter - 02-04-2012 12:38pm

I noticed this too....

RE: Ambient lights. A bit dim? - defender_uk - 02-04-2012 05:10pm

it is crap, quite frankly...a gimmick that hasn't worked at all.

RE: Ambient lights. A bit dim? - musher - 02-04-2012 06:11pm

Does anyone else find that if you haven't used your car for a while you have to turn them back on agin via the touchscreen, or is it just mineCryingCrying

RE: Ambient lights. A bit dim? - broady43 - 02-04-2012 09:24pm

(02-04-2012 05:10pm)defender_uk Wrote:  it is crap, quite frankly...a gimmick that hasn't worked at all.

+1

RE: Ambient lights. A bit dim? - XFullFatTim - 02-04-2012 10:24pm

+ another, the ambient lighting in my last FFRR was way, brighter but it wasn't select a colour "mood" lighting either (best to delete it from the redesign and just leave us with brighter white LEDS. They could also save another tuppence ha'penny by leaving off the red dash lights when the Dynamic setting is selected for those with the dynamic mode in the TR menu - it's OK for a cheap and nasty Honda Hybrid or Toyota Prius, but not on a Range Rover.

RE: Ambient lights. A bit dim? - Donny Dog - 02-04-2012 10:27pm

(02-04-2012 06:11pm)musher Wrote:  Does anyone else find that if you haven't used your car for a while you have to turn them back on agin via the touchscreen, or is it just mineCryingCrying

No, although, to be honest, I'd probably not notice as they are so insignificant. And they may as well have used luminous paint on the door handles for what use those 'lights' are!