babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Scratch on black contrast roof - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Scratch on black contrast roof (/Thread-Scratch-on-black-contrast-roof)

Scratch on black contrast roof - Alex - 30-03-2012 06:43am

I can't believe it but I have found a scratch ( 1" long) just above the drivers door on our black contrast roof. The scratch is fairly fine but I have no idea how sonething could have scratched it at that height (perhaps a branch?).

Can you get touch up paint for the black contrast roof? It looks like it had more of a plastic type finish compared to the bodys gloss finish.

RE: Scratch on black contrast roof - chiggy - 30-03-2012 06:52am

(30-03-2012 06:43am)Alex Wrote:  I can't believe it but I have found a scratch ( 1" long) just above the drivers door on our black contrast roof. The scratch is fairly fine but I have no idea how sonething could have scratched it at that height (perhaps a branch?).

Can you get touch up paint for the black contrast roof? It looks like it had more of a plastic type finish compared to the bodys gloss finish.

check duckworth parts uk website I know they have touch up paints and check with Dan who provides discount to forum members (from what I know)

RE: Scratch on black contrast roof - fam1x - 30-03-2012 11:44am

Oddly I have a similar scratch on the rear passengers near the door handle still can’t see how that could have happened. It’s not deep looks like a surface scratch hope will come out with T-cut or something like that .

RE: Scratch on black contrast roof - doug - 30-03-2012 07:04pm

(30-03-2012 11:44am)fam1x Wrote:  Oddly I have a similar scratch on the rear passengers near the door handle still can’t see how that could have happened. It’s not deep looks like a surface scratch hope will come out with T-cut or something like that .

Toothpaste Idea I say no more....

RE: Scratch on black contrast roof - XFullFatTim - 30-03-2012 07:06pm

Doug he wants to make it black not whiter than white with a ring of confidence.........................
Seriously, if it isn't a deep scratch then wouldn't coloured polish at least fill it in a bit without the abrasiveness of T cut

RE: Scratch on black contrast roof - doug - 30-03-2012 09:11pm

(30-03-2012 07:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Doug he wants to make it black not whiter than white with a ring of confidence.........................
Seriously, if it isn't a deep scratch then wouldn't coloured polish at least fill it in a bit without the abrasiveness of T cut

Tim. Laughing
Toothpaste can work as a cutting agent to remove light scratches. It's it's abrasiveness that does the job, in the same wall as T-cut works. Please dry on a area out of slight first (under the bonnet).