babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Trailer Electrics - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Trailer Electrics (/Thread-Trailer-Electrics)

Trailer Electrics - XFullFatTim - 24-03-2012 11:45am

Today I tried to use my Evoque to pull my windsurf trailer and find that I have a 13pin socket on the car and a 7 pin plug on the trailer................... It will be easier to change the trailer plug to a 13 pin than to change the car socket, but is it possible/ safe? The 13 pin I believe is used for caravans, but what are all those extra pins used for?

RE: Trailer Electrics - Donny Dog - 24-03-2012 12:17pm

(24-03-2012 11:45am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Today I tried to use my Evoque to pull my windsurf trailer and find that I have a 13pin socket on the car and a 7 pin plug on the trailer................... It will be easier to change the trailer plug to a 13 pin than to change the car socket, but is it possible/ safe? The 13 pin I believe is used for caravans, but what are all those extra pins used for?

Yes, it would be safe. You can purchase a 13-pin to 7-pin adapter if you don't want to rewire the plug.

See:

13 pin plug wiring

RE: Trailer Electrics - XFullFatTim - 24-03-2012 12:22pm

Thanks Donny, I'm off to the trailer centre forthwith, also thanks for the wiring diagram.