babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door (/Thread-Orkney-Grey-SD4-Pure-5-door)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - XFullFatTim - 13-04-2012 04:11pm

I was thinking more about the "pirates" that operate disguised as port officials who I have to deal with.............. and Maersk Line has a zero tolerance of corruption, either bribery or "facilitation" payments, which does make life a little exciting at times!

RE: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - Broadsword1959 - 13-04-2012 04:42pm

(13-04-2012 04:11pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I was thinking more about the "pirates" that operate disguised as port officials who I have to deal with.............. and Maersk Line has a zero tolerance of corruption, either bribery or "facilitation" payments, which does make life a little exciting at times!
Yep - US Sarbanes Oxley Act and UK Bribery Act 2010 need to be adhered to. I just tell them no and advise I will put it up the line

RE: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - Tulabb - 22-07-2012 07:54pm

(25-03-2012 02:33pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Thanks for all those kind comments, I'm really pleased with the colour as Indus Silver was my first choice but my wife insisted on OG. I was unsure about the mud flaps too but they do blend in nicely. I would have collected it next week but am attending a family wedding and wanted a clear weekend to enjoy it, so am really looking forward to the Easter break as I'll be able to familiriase with all the gadgets and if necesary clean it myself. I'll post some more pictures once I've collected it. The interior is the Cirrus which my wife chose but just as the order was locked she decided it was too light luckily a trip to the dealers confirmed that it's more a light grey as opposed to white.

I have also picked cirrus and wondered if you need to clean it often? It does look pretty white in the pic and the almond option might be longer lasting. I thought the cirrus was slightly darker or is it your flash? They didn't have an example at the show room and they were all either black or almond. Must admit the almond does make it look rather posh but I thought the cirrus would be longer lasting and darker.

RE: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - SINGHY - 22-07-2012 08:11pm

Ive only had to clean it once and have done over 6k miles already, the only problem is that dye from clothes can penetrate the leather, the dealers advised that there's no way of removing it which means that unless I avoid coloured clothing the leather could be marked but so far it seems to be OK. I'm glad it didn't go for the almond as the cirrus looks better in the flesh. I too was concerned about keeping it clean but it really isn't that difficult but that might also have something to do with very rarely having child passengers. I recently visited the dealer and the sale person hadn't seen a cirrus interior with pan rook and he commented on how light and airy it was compared to his Evoque coupe which had a darker coloured interior, many of my friends have commented on how well the interior looks.

RE: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - Tulabb - 22-07-2012 08:30pm

(22-07-2012 08:11pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Ive only had to clean it once and have done over 6k miles already, the only problem is that dye from clothes can penetrate the leather, the dealers advised that there's no way of removing it which means that unless I avoid coloured clothing the leather could be marked but so far it seems to be OK. I'm glad it didn't go for the almond as the cirrus looks better in the flesh. I too was concerned about keeping it clean but it really isn't that difficult but that might also have something to do with very rarely having child passengers. I recently visited the dealer and the sale person hadn't seen a cirrus interior with pan rook and he commented on how light and airy it was compared to his Evoque coupe which had a darker coloured interior, many of my friends have commented on how well the interior looks.

Thanks for your comment - we don't have kids either and it will mainly be us two at the front so it should be ok. The dealer did mention this is generally the problem with lighter colours especiallyif it rains and your slightly wet the dye will def sink into the leather.

We just joked about putting a bath towel in the boot for back seat passengers if they wear dark jeans and they got caught in the rain! Doubt it will go down well but I don't care!

RE: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - SINGHY - 22-07-2012 08:37pm

Like yourself there's just the two of us, I might keep a blanket for the back seat but as I rarely carry anyone in the back that still looks immaculate. In fact I've not got around to removing the LR leather care leaflet that they attach to the back seat yet.

RE: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - Tulabb - 22-07-2012 08:51pm

(22-07-2012 08:37pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Like yourself there's just the two of us, I might keep a blanket for the back seat but as I rarely carry anyone in the back that still looks immaculate. In fact I've not got around to removing the LR leather care leaflet that they attach to the back seat yet.

We will be the same rarely carry anyone at the back so over a period of time we may notice a colour diff between the front and back seats!

RE: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - WB - 22-07-2012 09:12pm

Get yourselves some Gtechniq L1 Leather protector - it's fantastic stuff. Spray it all over the leather and then buff it lightly with a microfibre cloth. If you do get any dye transfer then it will come off with some diluted Gtechniq W2. There are also very good leather protection/cleaner products from a company called LTT.

RE: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - brinv8 - 25-07-2012 02:07pm

I also have a Cirrus interior, so far not been affected by any clothing dye transfer, but the dealer did give me a leather cleaning spray, which I have as yet to use.

RE: Orkney Grey, SD4 Pure 5 door - SINGHY - 25-07-2012 04:55pm

I was also given a leather cleaning fluid from the dealer but was advised by them hat iit won't shift any dye marks.