babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Car Issues - Update - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Car Issues - Update (/Thread-Car-Issues-Update)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Car Issues - Update - chiggy - 01-06-2012 01:41am

car is sold.

RE: Car Issues - Update - chiggy - 01-06-2012 10:11am

well after my discussion with the dealership - the car definitely won't be getting replaced. Instead its just going to keep going in to get fixed.

Waiting for a few people to call me back... hopefully the car will be sold by the end of next week and I'll see where to go from there.

RE: Car Issues - Update - WB - 01-06-2012 10:24am

(01-06-2012 10:11am)chiggy Wrote:  well after my discussion with the dealership - the car definitely won't be getting replaced. Instead its just going to keep going in to get fixed.

Waiting for a few people to call me back... hopefully the car will be sold by the end of next week and I'll see where to go from there.

What are the main issues - is it the engine sputtering and door alignment? Have you contacted LR Australia?

RE: Car Issues - Update - chiggy - 01-06-2012 11:21am

(01-06-2012 10:24am)WB Wrote:  What are the main issues - is it the engine sputtering and door alignment? Have you contacted LR Australia?

LR Australia won't do anything in terms of replacement because my sale contract isn't with them its with the dealership.

There's rattling, clunking in the suspensions, panoramic roof trim is coming off (on the outside), ESP/ESC program thing light switches on and off on and off which means the car doesn't know what to do cause the stability program is confused - which means the car won't move. There's the squealing in the brakes, there's screeching when the windows open and close, there's the automatic wipers that go off whenever they feel like and as fast as they possibly can.

RE: Car Issues - Update - benzina - 02-06-2012 01:14am

Chiggy, would'nt a potential new purchaser of you car, notice these problems.
Just my opinion on what i would do in your case....I would book your car in to have these problems fixed all at once (even if it takes weeks), and i would ask for a replacement Evoque to drive around while the works are being undertaken.
Do not accept your car back, until you are satisfied that all are fixed. This way, you still have an Evoque, even when you don't have your Evoque, and you know that they don't get their Evoque back until you are satisfied all is fixed with yours....and it can be fixed,because at the end of the day, it's still a car.

RE: Car Issues - Update - chiggy - 02-06-2012 03:00am

car is sold!

RE: Car Issues - Update - Barneyridge - 02-06-2012 04:57am

Hi Chiggy, you mention the panoramic roof trim, can I ask if that is the rectangular trim on either side adjoins the tailgate? Mine seem loosely fitted or it might be a poor design. Mine are not actually falling off but at time I notice the front edge raised which can be pushed back down to make flush with the roof.

RE: Car Issues - Update - chiggy - 02-06-2012 06:49am

its not near the tailgate -its the areas where you have inserts for the roof rails? the trim around there is coming off and sooner or later the actual inserts that cover those areas meant for the roof rails.. are just going to fall out cause the trim is coming off.

RE: Car Issues - Update - chiggy - 03-06-2012 07:35am

Just sold the car and organised for a Fuji Dynamic with pursuit interior and tech pack.

sold the car for pretty much what I bought it for - but the person buying the car knows about the problems and I've agreed with him that I am going to get LR to get everything sorted out and fixed before I deliver it to him and he's happy with that. He said as long as everything is sorted out he doesn't care he's just happy to have it.

So still an evoque owner - just going to be a different colour and different body style - might prefer this dynamic to be honest! love the interior actually!

RE: Car Issues - Update - cjfp - 03-06-2012 09:19am

Chiggy - I'm very disappointed that you have moved from the 'Firenze' club to the 'Dark side' Laughing Sheep