babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Liverpool & Manchester area - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: Liverpool & Manchester area (/Thread-Liverpool-Manchester-area)

Pages: 1 2

Liverpool & Manchester area - SebM - 14-03-2012 01:45pm

Dear UK guys,

End of July, beginning of August, I attend a wedding in UK (Retford I think)... we will arrive by plane at Manchester and probably stay few days in this area...

Except Evoque factory in Halewood, any recommendation for interesting things to visit/see/do ??
Maybe I will visit Halewood, but not sure for the moment...

Any hotel recommendation in Manchester or maybe it's better to stay outside ?

Thanks in advance !

RE: Manchester area - XFullFatTim - 14-03-2012 03:08pm

Will you have the use of a car while you are here? Manchester to Halewood might be a bit difficult by train.

RE: Manchester area - Sensorian - 14-03-2012 07:37pm

(14-03-2012 01:45pm)SebM Wrote:  Dear UK guys,

End of July, beginning of August, I attend a wedding in UK (Retford I think)... we will arrive by plane at Manchester and probably stay few days in this area...

Except Evoque factory in Halewood, any recommendation for interesting things to visit/see/do ??
Maybe I will visit Halewood, but not sure for the moment...

Any hotel recommendation in Manchester or maybe it's better to stay outside ?

Thanks in advance !

I'd highly recommend a Hotel called 'eleven' in Didsbury which is about 4-5 miles out of town but a lovely boutique style hotel with brilliant service. I always recommend my customers stay there. If you really need to stay in the town centre then either Malmaison or the Lowry are both brilliant.

FYI, you can get a bus from Manchester Airport to Liverpool airport for next to nothing which is very close to LR. Not the most glamorous mode of transport but very effective.....

RE: Manchester area - SebM - 15-03-2012 10:11am

I will rent a car, so no problem to move around... Wink Sadly it won't be an Evoque...

Thanks for hotel recommendation, I will check that...

RE: Manchester area - SebM - 05-07-2012 02:58pm

We wont be able to visit LR Halewood as it's closed from 27th of July until 14 if August Sad

By the way, finally we are looking for an hotel in Liverpool or Manchester... in fact we heard that Liverpool is more "cool" than Manchester...

So again, any recommendation ?

RE: Manchester area - XFullFatTim - 05-07-2012 07:03pm

The hotel we used for the group visit to Halewood is a lovely art deco building that was previously the airport terminal for the old Speke Airport and is a Crowne Plaza Hotel - Crowne Plaza John Lennon Airport. Interesting building and actually well off the new airport site so quite quiet, lots of parking and you have to drive passed the factory to get to it! They even have 3 old airplanes dotted around the site.

RE: Manchester area - SebM - 06-07-2012 06:08am

Thanks but as we won't be able to visit the factory, we want to have an hotel in the city, near restaurant, shopping, etc...

RE: Manchester area - NightFox - 06-07-2012 09:53am

(05-07-2012 02:58pm)SebM Wrote:  We wont be able to visit LR Halewood as it's closed from 27th of July until 14 if August Sad

Sorry to go slightly off-topic, but do you mean Halewood shuts down over this time, or just they're closed for factory tours?

RE: Manchester area - Evo-king - 06-07-2012 09:15pm

It's traditionally factory shut down period, time for employees to take their annual holidays, it is also when the factory maintenance tales place.

RE: Liverpool & Manchester area - SebM - 18-07-2012 07:33am

Finally we booked an hotel in Liverpool... any recommendation (restaurant, visit, etc...) ??

Thanks in advance !