babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? (/Thread-Hosepipe-ban-how-do-I-wash-my-car-now)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - RacingSnake - 13-03-2012 04:33pm

the blue badge scheme is exclusively limited to drivers (or passengers in assistance with drivers).

Why not use the local authority disability register?

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - The Valeter - 14-03-2012 12:40am

The reason they allow the use (in my case) is if they didn't they would be putting me out of work & the same for some Window Cleaners I guess!

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - Barneyridge - 14-03-2012 10:36am

We had these bans a couple of years ago in Sydney, fortunately our dams are now overflowing. We had the same bucket exemption. What I did was first use my own bucket and sponge at the self clean car wash. I went first thing in the morning before the crowds. I only paid a few bucks for water to rinse the car. They finally got on to us and removed the taps used to fill the buckets, so we had to use the foam brush etc and therefore pay for $. As I do like using the foam brushes at those places I decided to build my own bucket and pump system. I got a large bucket 40 liters and made up a 12 volt submersible pump and hose that ran off the 12 volt outlet in the rear of the car. When the bucket was empty I filled it up with the hose. We had water inspectors driving around trying to fine offenders. One of them stopped and watch me wash the car, before he could say anything I told him I was washing the car using a bucket. He could not argue but did looked pissed off that he could not get me. Just an idea for you guys to get around it, also do it on the grass so you water the lawn.

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - Rootsboy - 14-03-2012 11:14am

you could try Optimum No Rinse...

have a look here for a review...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/25616-review-optimum-no-rinse.html

i brought some to use a a clay lube, but have not had a chance to use it for washing yet.

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - Dimitrios - 19-03-2012 12:08pm

Anyone tried Body Shield Pro? Saw it on a shopping channel last night and if it endorsed by Tiff it must be good Confused

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - Claud - 19-03-2012 01:48pm

(19-03-2012 12:08pm)Dimitrios Wrote:  Anyone tried Body Shield Pro? Saw it on a shopping channel last night and if it endorsed by Tiff it must be good Confused

I too saw the Body Shield Pro product on TV but at £50 for the package I could tolerate a lot of buckets of soap and water!

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - Dimitrios - 05-04-2012 03:39pm

After spending way to long on the web figuring out what detailing is I came across a few posts on how some of these guys carry on using their pressure washers (PW) during the ban. They use rain water from their guttering system to water-butts via a downpipe diverter. Then through a filter to their PW.
Depending on your PW throughput, I'm guessing 100Ls of water would get you around 15mins of spray time? More than enough time to pre-wash, foam and final wash, right?
I might try it but I think I'll have a long wait before I get 100L of rain water and probably end up using the tap... Twisted Evil

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - XFullFatTim - 05-04-2012 04:10pm

Sneak out in the night and fill up the waterbutt from the tap.......................... with a hose of course! Although 100ltr is only 10 buckets full.

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - doug - 05-04-2012 06:09pm

You can pre-wash & rinse with only 25L. As a pressure washer will be running at a lower Lmin with out mains pressure. I did find the pressure was too low to run a snow lance, so I rigged up a shower pump after my filter for added pressure.

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now? - PhilSkill - 14-06-2012 05:50pm

Hosepipe ban lifted for many! Snow Foam Lances at the ready... Laughing